Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom Hull Graphics

Nickieboy

I am looking for someone who can produce custom graphics in the correct type of durable materials for my 2007 Wakesetter 24-7. I live in Sacramento, CA. I can have them installed locally, so if they are produced elsewhere that is fine. I see a lot of this sort of thing for advertising purposes but rarely see private owners do this. I never liked the stock decals and think that something really cool should be able to be done for a reasonable cost. As much as I would like to do something custom and unique, I am also open to something that has been done before, as long as it looks awesome (avoiding new artwork). Can anyone point me a direction?

I am looking for someone who can produce custom graphics in the correct type of durable materials for my 2007 Wakesetter 24-7. I live in Sacramento, CA. I can have them installed locally, so if they are produced elsewhere that is fine. I see a lot of this sort of thing for advertising purposes but rarely see private owners do this. I never liked the stock decals and think that something really cool should be able to be done for a reasonable cost. As much as I would like to do something custom and unique, I am also open to something that has been done before, as long as it looks awesome (avoiding new artwork). Can anyone point me a direction?

Are you talking about a boat wrap like Mastercraft?

Maybe so. I am not exactly sure what a boat wrap is...but I have seen that term a couple of times. What exactly is it? Is the entire boat wrapped in some sort of clear vinyl that has graphics incorporated...instead of specific decals that are applied in specific locations on the boat? I am okay with specific decals applied in the same sort of way that my factory wakesetter decals were applied, but instead of going with the factory logo, I wanted to find something unique and cool that not every wakesetter has.

Maybe so. I am not exactly sure what a boat wrap is...but I have seen that term a couple of times. What exactly is it? Is the entire boat wrapped in some sort of clear vinyl that has graphics incorporated...instead of specific decals that are applied in specific locations on the boat? I am okay with specific decals applied in the same sort of way that my factory wakesetter decals were applied, but instead of going with the factory logo, I wanted to find something unique and cool that not every wakesetter has.

Here's a link to give you a idea what one looks like....

http://www.wakeorigin.com/riders/rusty-mal...sign-boat-wrap/

If you wanted to do a good job I would say go with a wrap. It's upwards of 2-3k but it will last 3-4+ years (depending on how you take car of them)

Basically it's all printed on a vinyl thing. People have gone as far as printing a carbon fiber design and it looks fully legitimate. Same goes with flat black

Edited by Travis
  • 1 year later...

My boat is wrapped... I would probably only do a partial wrap next time. I have put about 60 hours on the boat in the last couple months and the wrap is already showing some wear.

10284.jpg

10285.jpg

My boat is wrapped... I would probably only do a partial wrap next time. I have put about 60 hours on the boat in the last couple months and the wrap is already showing some wear.

10284.jpg

10285.jpg

where do you ride?

why the quiksilver wrap? you a distributor/industry or just a superfan?

where do you ride?

why the quiksilver wrap? you a distributor/industry or just a superfan?

If we ride locally it would be elsinore or the moabi area.

Thats how the boat was wrapped when we picked it up.

Nickie, Got my wrap done on my 2006 I-ride back in march this year. Custom Job, just to give you an idea of what it looks like on a malibu. you can go as crazy or conservative as you want really... im in Australia had the wrap designed in the US and then installed here. so you shouldnt have an issue with interstate graphic artists doing a design. As ELC mentioned, the wraps are thin and fragile, especially when launching and putting the boat on the trailer. you have to completely adapt to a new and CAREFUL way of using your boat if you want it to last. apart from a few hiccups, we have got a routine down pat now and it doesnt take much to look after it. not to mention small wear and tear is easily fixed and is barely noticable.

ELC's boat however looks like a nightmare to maintain. seems as though his wrap actually goes over the rub rail. would mean you couldnt even lean up against a dock without causing some damage. The wrap looks awsome though... love the shape and design of the Axis A22's. i would suggest sticking with getting a wrap all below the rubrail or if you want to go above then wrap it fully in to the interior and under the upholstery cutting it each side (top and bottom) of the rubrail so that it is exposed. that way you will prevent damage of the wrap when getting in and out at the edges where it is sealed.

4449293549_09ff5c4ae4_b.jpg

4449294833_63bf93143e_b.jpg

4450066142_912bb846d6_b.jpg

4449578253_155e335578_o.jpg