Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

axis wake boats

h20sportsbum

axis is 26 years old, really now? are you sure its not a poser?

i also want to know why the axis wakesite is complete before malibu's. or is that the complete malibu site thats up right now?

I feel sorry for the MalibuBoats.com site.

Malibu clearly either does their web development in-house or a son of one of the workers does it. Its terrible compared to it's competitors.

I agree. Malibu's 2009 website is terrible compared to MasterCraft and Correct Craft. MasterCrafts website is really awsome. Maybe thats way MCs cost so much.

If you are really going for a value boat, skip the expensive chrome wheels and tires. Bet that is colse to 1,000 bucks.

yeah, do hubcaps like in Australia :)

Edited by 68Slalom

I had a chance to check out the Axis A22 at the boat show last weekend and have to say -- I was impressed. A lot of bang for the buck!

Definitely not the high end plush trimmings you are used to with the Bu, but for the entry level buyer I say "Wow!"

I had a chance to check out the Axis A22 at the boat show last weekend and have to say -- I was impressed. A lot of bang for the buck!

Definitely not the high end plush trimmings you are used to with the Bu, but for the entry level buyer I say "Wow!"

I'll second that. Thumbup.gif Good job on the Axis for the entry level. Plug and play ballast is nice too. Wish I had that in my bu. Sounds like a winter project Whistling.gif

Its a good thing; gives riders another affordable option. Seems to be alot there for the price; built in ballast, wedge, tower, racks, snap out carpet, pickle fork etc.. Sheesh seems fair to me, will be interesting to see how the wake is. Yeah BU web site needs some work; in this day and age come on.

yes, I looked at one of them a few days ago at the minneapolis boat show, too. impressive. all this in a 39K package.

i'm not really sure why you wouldn't just go and a buy a 3-4 year old VLX....for 35K or so? Is a '05 Malibu VLX better than a 09 Axis?

I guess the 'piece of mind' with a new boat is powerful? Wonder what a '09 Axis will be worth in 2011?

overall, I thought the axis was a nice boat....i was really drooling over the diamond VTX and FXi though...

it's amazing how fast malibu can react to a changing economy. seems like the axis was developed and released very quickly.