Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's the Difference?

mcbean7

Hello All. I'm new to this forum and wanted to first say hello.

I'm looking at getting a Malibu and would like to know the difference between an Escape LSV and Wakesetter LSV. I'm looking at a 2000 Escape right now. The boat is in decent shape cosmetically, has 200 hours, asking price is $22000. Is this a fair price?

I will be using this boat mainly for wakeboarding so I will need to add a tower and ballast since it does not have these features.

I'm also looking at a 2003 VTX with 250 hours, decent shape cosmetically, asking $27000. Is this a fair price?

Which boat would you buy for wakeboarding?

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking at getting a Malibu and would like to know the difference between an Escape LSV and Wakesetter LSV. I'm looking at a 2000 Escape right now. The boat is in decent shape cosmetically, has 200 hours, asking price is $22000. Is this a fair price?

I will be using this boat mainly for wakeboarding so I will need to add a tower and ballast since it does not have these features.

I'm also looking at a 2003 VTX with 250 hours, decent shape cosmetically, asking $27000. Is this a fair price?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a good resource for the various hulls: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....ials&cat=11

It gets a bit confusing but in a nut shell for wakeboarding you will want a "wake" hull over a "diamond". Now your 2000 Escape LSV is a V25 Diamond. I really don't know how that is different than the SV23 diamond (which is what I have). I don't see a 2000 model Wakesetter LSV, but there is one in 2001. Based on the chart, it's the same hull as the Escape LSV, so then between those two boat you wouldn't see a lot of difference in wake just guessing. And lastly, the VTX wasn't out yet in 2003, so I'd buy it at that price because it is a one of a kind rarity Crazy.gif

Thanks in advance.

welcome and good luck with your search

Those prices don't look bad - Probably depends on the engine and options on each, I have had really good luck with my 02 with the 325 monsoon, I have over 550 hours on it and it runs perfect. I also prefer the Titan towers, so that would matter to me as well. I have a Diamond hull and mostly wakeboard and its fine for beginner to intermediate riders, you just have to add more ballast to get the wake as good as ive seen on one with a wake hull, the wedge helps too.

vette-ski,

thanks for your reply. Oops...the boat is actually an 03 VLX, not VTX. So it's not as "rare" as I thought. How's the price on the 03 VLX with 250 hours?

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Also, with these boats, they are all fiberglass right? No need to worry about rotting wooden stringers or wood anywhere else in the boat?

03 will not have any wood in it. Well maybe when you get in it the first time Tease2.gifTease.gif

That kind of wood I can handle. lol

Fingerwag.gif Not supposed to handle it yourself. Fingerwag.gif You can't drive if you're blind.