Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeair.com Caveat Emptor

Raynman

Thumbup.gif : Happy Ending!

Happy to report that Wakair resolved this situation and I am now more than satisfied. D-GOOSE must be on the payroll over there because he interviened on my behalf. Thanks "D"! I guess I'm pretty jaded, but I just did not have the patience to get on the phone with these guys. Anyway, after D-GOOSE talked to Brian over at Wakeair he contacted me and got the order shipped. Everything has arrived and Brian even threw in an extra item (of significant value I might add) to make up for the misshap. This was not necessary, and was done without solicitation. So these guys get an "A" for good intentions and we will let them retake the execution exam later.

One final note, I did see a rather negative report on the BBB link that Cervelo posted. Based on my experience I think they need to contact the BBB and adress this bad PR.

Wakeair aka International Marine Technologies took my order for $313 worth of merchandse on 10/17/08 and has yet to deliver or even provide a tracking number. When I inquired as to the whereabouts of the shippment I was told that they were moving their office and would not be able to access the records for a few days. That was two weeks ago and not a word since. This company trades as Wakeair.com

They billed my PayPal account at the time of order which would be fine if the merchadise was in stock and could ship. Obviously not the case, most likely they are cash strapped and took my money and can not pay their vendors. I have had no communication regarding backorder, etc. Very suspicious.

The website looks professional enough, but that means nothing these days. I can go on-line and look up my order, it still shows no tracking number. Anyone else dealing with this company? I have filed a claim with PayPal and I will file criminal charge if need be.

Edited by Raynman

I have delt with wake air many of times and they are a great comany to deal with. Give them a call and ask for Brian to find out what is going on. I do know they have moved and it takes time to move that large of a operation, so please cut them a little slack. If you still have problems after that, please drop me a PM.

International Marine Technologies

2591 Mercantile Drive Ste C

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

Phone 916-531-2274

Fax 916-635-3014

I have delt with wake air many of times and they are a great comany to deal with. Give them a call and ask for Brian to find out what is going on. I do know they have moved and it takes time to move that large of a operation, so please cut them a little slack. If you still have problems after that, please drop me a PM.

International Marine Technologies

2591 Mercantile Drive Ste C

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

Phone 916-531-2274

Fax 916-635-3014

Thanks for the encouragement, glad to hear that you have had a good experiance with Wakeair. Unfortunately that does not change my situation. If they had told me these items were backordered fine, if they had not charged my account until items shipped fine, if they had even communicated with me a tiny bit OK. Three strikes in my book. I have been in business a long time and it is very poor business practice to collect the funds and not ship the items for two months. I have seen companies take money for orders when they are on the verge of going under and trust me, once they file that money is gone. Would not be suprised at all if this were the case here. I just moved my whole finance department from LA to CT for a company that bills over 1BB per year and we did not miss a single payment or shippment, so I don't buy that excuse.

Ray you have all the right to be upset with what’s going on and I'm sure you work for a top notch company to pull off such great service. I will put a call in this week and see what I can do for you. No promises because I am just the average Joe the Plummer.