Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Integrated Bow Sac info

mainekneeboarder

I looked into putting a bow sac under the seats last year and couldn't find a lot of info on it. The bag info says 750LBs, which I knew there was no way that much was going to fit. So installed one under the seats last year and wanted to weigh it but never got to it. Well I'm in the process of pulling out all the bags to dry and clean the boat in the off season and thought I'd weigh it before pulling. We fit 240-260LBs in it when it just starts to lift the front seat. I'm going to install some plastic under the seat holes to prevent this from happening. This is in a 01 Sunsetter VLX, should be the same for any Vride, and a waksetter up to 05 I think? The addition of the bag is great, I'm a very intermediate knee boarder and I like to just fill the center and bow bags, it makes the wake less steep so I can make it across the wake with out a bunch air. We plumbed it with a 700 rule pump just like the factory ones and it fills in about the same time as the center bag. I only have one drain pump on one end and it never really emptys all the way, I may install a second pump on the other side leg this winter.

Thanks for the info. I considered going that route in my boat before settling on just a slightly larger sac for the ski locker. I would have hoped for more than 250 in a 750 sac though. That may keep me from doing an integrated sac. I have a couple of those fly high brick sacs that I can throw in the bow if I need it and those total 300.

has any one tried installing the fly high 1100# triangle? I am trying this install over the winter and if my calcs are right I should get just under 650# in it full with all of it hidden under the seats.. It does require making a new frame to support all the seat cusions. It will be alot of work but I am hoping it is worth it.

I use the integrated sack but just put it on top of the seats. Only time I need it is when I don't have enough people to put up there in the first place. Fill it all the way up and we're good to go. Did it all year this year and was never an issue.

has any one tried installing the fly high 1100# triangle? I am trying this install over the winter and if my calcs are right I should get just under 650# in it full with all of it hidden under the seats.. It does require making a new frame to support all the seat cusions. It will be alot of work but I am hoping it is worth it.

I had the integrated sack and just let it push the seats up, when people didn't sit up front. I did add another 100-200 lbs of lead up front...I was guessing my bow sack at 3-400 lbs when full.