Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu decals

Tedro

I have a 08 vRide. I am thinking of removing the side and rear vRide decals. I am going to keep the side rear Malibu ones. The boat only has 4 hrs on it so I'm not worried about fading yet. I am not a big fan of the graphics. Do you all have any experience removing these? What solvent can I use that will not harm the clear coat?

I was thinking of replacing the rear/stern ride decal with a vRide or Malibu sticker but am not sure of any good graphic sites for plain lettering or domed that are quality.

Any thoughts?

I have a 08 vRide. I am thinking of removing the side and rear vRide decals. I am going to keep the side rear Malibu ones. The boat only has 4 hrs on it so I'm not worried about fading yet. I am not a big fan of the graphics. Do you all have any experience removing these? What solvent can I use that will not harm the clear coat?

I was thinking of replacing the rear/stern ride decal with a vRide or Malibu sticker but am not sure of any good graphic sites for plain lettering or domed that are quality.

Any thoughts?

I just used a heat gun.Heat and peel they came off no prob.then i just waxed.I like the small billet Malibu logo.I put one on each side ,and tramp stamped the back Thumbup.gif

You could check domed numbers or i think Bakes has a few different malibu sticker options.they also have the billet Emblems.

I replaced the decals on my 99 Bu two seasons ago and was surprised that the fading could only be seen in the right light. The new decals cover what little fading was there. A hair drying might work on a hot day but a heat gun is best. Just be real careful not to scorch the gel coat.

I thought about doing the same thing but had a hard time picturing the boat without the graphics Whistling.gif I wasn't sure if talking them all off would then lead to thinking it was a mistake :unsure:

I took the tribal off my 07 early this spring and put the 08 wakesetter decals on. The goo left behind was a little work but i had a friend with a graphics business give me a product call rapid remover 20 mins both sides clean. I may have some 06 tribal left at the shop if anyone needs some.

Just don't do what the previous owner of mine did:

1.) took off the original "Official U.S. Open Tow Boats", didn't polish (leaving the original lettering visible through fading)

2.) replace it with the post 2000 raised "Official U.S. Open Tow Boats" making it nearly impossible to polish out the faded in letters

3.) inexplicably misplace the "p" in Open as a capital letter, thus making it "Official U.S. OPen Tow Boats"

Seriously every time i get up behind it I just think to myself "damn thats sloppy".

Any thoughts?

I just used a heat gun.Heat and peel they came off no prob.then i just waxed.I like the small billet Malibu logo.I put one on each side ,and tramp stamped the back Thumbup.gif

You could check domed numbers or i think Bakes has a few different malibu sticker options.they also have the billet Emblems.

Thanks.

What is a billet Malibu logo?

You got pics of yours?

I took mine off and left her naked... heat gun and 3m adhesive remover it was easy. waxing it after words was more work.lol

Yeah I am thinking I am liking the simpler is better look. Alot of the newer boats are going with a less busy look.

Can you post pics of yours without?

Did the heat gun cause any problems with the gelcoat?

Thanks.

I took mine off and left her naked... heat gun and 3m adhesive remover it was easy. waxing it after words was more work.lol

Yeah I am thinking I am liking the simpler is better look. Alot of the newer boats are going with a less busy look.

Thanks.

no issues with the heat gun just keep it moving dont let it get to hot on any one spot for very long. It dosent take much heat to get them off..

post-3478-1226516905_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

no issues with the heat gun just keep it moving dont let it get to hot on any one spot for very long. It dosent take much heat to get them off..

I like that "clean" look.

Looks good

Thanks.

I like that "clean" look.

Looks good

If you don't see it here call Bakes and ask for Paul great people!

http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=534

SR