Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vtx cut dimond question

Nicvtx

hi every one we picked up our vtx on wednesday last week and went out for a day on thursday

lm just a bit unsure about the wake. we kneeboard ski and tube alot , we will eventually get into surfing and wakeboard.

my question is does this llok like the cut dimond wakeboard wake at 20 mph with no ballast and about 75percent of fuel. we havent got the chance to take it up to 32 mph and im just a bit unsure.

click to play video

th_MVI_0151.jpg

p.s if anyone has pictures of their cut dimond hull at 20 mph and at 32 that would be good thanks

the reason i am asking this it looks a bit big compared to a demo we did on the 20 lsv

thanks every one

Edited by boat1956
I can't see the video at work but I can say that my wake beind mine at 32 is pretty impressive. I may have a couple of pics but I can't tell you exactly what speed.

thanks for the info trent

I just looked at your video and that does look like mine at that speed. I was very surprised at how small it seemed to get above the 23 -25 mph mark. It seems to me that the whole boat seems to "lift" a little bit.

That video just angered me that our summer is gone.... LOL To determine if it is a cut diamond hull or wake hull just look at the underside edge of the hull. In this post you'll see to pictures of both hull types with the top being on the diamond with the concaved edges thus giving the boat the "lift".

I can't see the video at work but I can say that my wake beind mine at 32 is pretty impressive. I may have a couple of pics but I can't tell you exactly what speed.

x2.

Loks like a cut diamond to me. I am sure that more crew members will chime in later. If you remove the straps it should be more visible.

Edited by trentj6930
lm still a bit unsure

could you please tell me if this is the cut dimond

IMG_0164.jpg

No question about it. That last 4" or so of the hull turning down on the outer edges is definitive - diamond.

lm still a bit unsure

could you please tell me if this is the cut dimond

IMG_0164.jpg

No question about it. That last 4" or so of the hull turning down on the outer edges is definitive - diamond.

thanks alot for the response's

when were out last it looked like the wake was a bit big to me at 30 mph but i spose it flattens out after 30

it is hard to tell from the angle of the photo (too low instead of from directly behind). Both the diamond and wake hull have a turn down at the edge of the boat, the wake hull is just more pronounced.

Go to your dealer and have him point out a wake hull and diamond hull on boats in his shop/yard and compare to yours.

it is hard to tell from the angle of the photo (too low instead of from directly behind). Both the diamond and wake hull have a turn down at the edge of the boat, the wake hull is just more pronounced.

Go to your dealer and have him point out a wake hull and diamond hull on boats in his shop/yard and compare to yours.

It's hard to tell for someone that whom doesn't know. The post right before I definitively gave the answer to his question. :Doh:

This is a 2008 VTX Wake hull.

100_4345Large.jpg

Edited by TheBlackPearl

VTX Cut Diamond hull, 50% fuel, two passengers, no ballast, no wedge, approximately 20 MPH:

PA110012.JPG

Sunscape 20, nearly empty, five passengers, 32 MPH:

DSC02383.JPG

Edited by CTSunsetter