Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Consecutive invert world record

Bill_AirJunky

Geno Yauchler held the consecutive invert world record for 12 yrs. He managed to do 1418 inverts on an AirChair back in 1996.

Yesterday, that record was finally broken. Bill Von Zabern, an IRONMAN of 41 yrs old, managed to do 3058 inverts over the course of 6.5 hours!!

Check the video out here!

Incredible!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
WOW

I guess they kept gas cans in the boat and filled while running because there is no way went on one tank.

Yea, they had like 6 cans in the boat from the beginning, had to refill after about 4 hours..... on the fly.

I guess they also fed Bill water & fruit as they went too. He took several 3 or 4 minute breaks.... which meant he just cruised for a few minutes, but never stopped riding. At the end he said his back & kidneys were killing him. I guess his back because of the 3058 landings. And his kidneys because he had to pee like a mofo! Whistling.gif

whhy not pee your pants...?

Looks like in the video he has a wetsuit on. Pee in it & he's got a big balloon there. Roll with it & it's flying everywhere. Sounds disgusting to me but whatever floats your boat. Biggrin.gif

Looks like in the video he has a wetsuit on. Pee in it & he's got a big balloon there. Roll with it & it's flying everywhere. Sounds disgusting to me but whatever floats your boat. Biggrin.gif

little side bar.... over 3000 inverts in just 6.5 hours... i took a look at the video and there's no way he can get those numbers... let's say he does an invert every 8 seconds. so he does 3000 inverts in 24000 seconds. Then divide by 3600 to get the number of hours it would take to do those inverts = 6.667 hours. That's over the time limit and in that video, in the first half of it, he only did about 15 inverts, and that was well over the few minute mark... When i counted between inverts, I got times around 10-12 seconds between each one.

Not saying that he didn't do it... but something doesn't seem right with the timing...

Edited by CrazyTegger

I wouldn't say it "floats my boat" but I have been known to employ a "poor man's heater" :)

I wouldn't say it "floats my boat" but I have been known to employ a "poor man's heater" :)

My guess is you did it when you were in the water, then got up to ride, flushing along the way. This guy didn't get "in" the water for over 6 hrs.

CT, I think your right. Bill & Mike discussed some of the issues previous record holders had, knotted up rope, dizzy rider, time, etc. Geno took over 4 hrs to make the 1416 record, and he was doing a big variety of rolls. Bill had 1416 in less than 2.5 hrs., primarily because he did a wake roll & a switch wake roll the entire time. Opposite rotations kept him from getting dizzy, kept the rope from getting knotted, and allowed him to bang them out quicker. A large part of that video was at the end, when he was only doing like 7 inverts per minute. For a good part of the morning he was doing like 10 - 11 inverts per minute.

Several guys were there that I trust to keep this legit. And they had it broadcast on the Canyon Lake webcam the entire time with hundreds of people watching it.

My guess is you did it when you were in the water, then got up to ride, flushing along the way. This guy didn't get "in" the water for over 6 hrs.

CT, I think your right. Bill & Mike discussed some of the issues previous record holders had, knotted up rope, dizzy rider, time, etc. Geno took over 4 hrs to make the 1416 record, and he was doing a big variety of rolls. Bill had 1416 in less than 2.5 hrs., primarily because he did a wake roll & a switch wake roll the entire time. Opposite rotations kept him from getting dizzy, kept the rope from getting knotted, and allowed him to bang them out quicker. A large part of that video was at the end, when he was only doing like 7 inverts per minute. For a good part of the morning he was doing like 10 - 11 inverts per minute.

Several guys were there that I trust to keep this legit. And they had it broadcast on the Canyon Lake webcam the entire time with hundreds of people watching it.

video doesn't do justice to the amount of work he actually did.