Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

heater

bijlaard

Hi All

We have bought a Malibu Response from 97 with a black scorpion engine

We want to build a heater sytem in it.

Can somebody help us telling what we need and how to do that.

or even better does somebody have a system like that and pics of it ??

sorry for the bad english

greetings

Obbe and Ina

Varsseveld

Holland

Edited by bijlaard

Welcome to the site! To get you started, check out this unit from heater craft.

Some installations put one vent each at the windshield, driver's feet, carpeted panel between driver and observer. Others put two vents at the driver's feet and on in the panel.

Good luck with it.

Welcome to the site! To get you started, check out this unit from heater craft.

Some installations put one vent each at the windshield, driver's feet, carpeted panel between driver and observer. Others put two vents at the driver's feet and on in the panel.

Good luck with it.

thnx still don't know when I order the stuff how to instal it .... :-) sorry

Yuh. Following the instructions would be good. Here they are, enjoy.

Basically you install a barb in your motor from which to draw hot water. The water is drawn through 5/8" hose, through the heater core, then back to the motor. The 'pulling' connection can be at the circulation pump or, better yet, have it go to a "Y" fitting prior to the raw water impeller. Y fitting At the heater core housing, there is a fan that blows across the core and sends warm air through the vents to where ever you have them mounted. What temp does your motor run? If it's 140, you'd be better off swapping the thermostat for a 160 version.

Good luck.

Hi there

We'v been reading this several times : Heater Install at Wakeworld

Do I see correctly one hose (pic fitting in intake manifold ) should be fitted at the bold (picture A )

(Not possible on my engine because of red cable)

or should it be possible to put it on the same bolt at the other side (picture B. )

is that a right spot ?

looking at the "picture 5/8" fitting in water pump"

It looks pretty familiar to the spot I found on my engine (picture C.)

Maybe these are "stupid questions"

but I rather ask a stupid question then make a stupid mistake

Greetings from a foggy/cold Holland

Obbe and Ina

pictures

A. http://www.airchair.nl/heater/a.jpg

B. http://www.airchair.nl/heater/b.jpg

C. http://www.airchair.nl/heater/c.jpg

Edited by bijlaard

I would think that you can get your hot water supply from either side of the manifold, but it looks like you could easily move the red cable to the side to insert the fitting. They're not very big.

The return line into the water pump looks correct. I recommend getting the "Y" adapter to provide better heat at low rpms/idle. This will be installed into the raw water intake line before the raw water pump, and is used instead of tapping into the location in your picture "C".

congrats on the new boat Obbe.

Give me a call and i can explain how you install a heater,better use the Y-pipe,it gives more heat when your engine idles.

No LPG?

Ben,(RiverSide)

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to say, I spoke with Steve at Heatercraft yesterday to order my new core and housing.... nicest, most helpful person I have dealt with in a long time!! Rockon.gif

Also mention that I was on the Crew and he cut me a deal on the parts, again I can't stress enough on how important customer service is in any industry! Thumbup.gif