Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Brand !!!

pennery

Just saw this on WakeWorld! Would be great if Someone Could Verify this info!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1224608806

(Loudon, TN) – Axis Wake Research, a new boat division under Malibu Boats LLC, will begin manufacturing high performance, price point wakeboard boats later this Fall. These entry-level boats will be made available to select dealerships as early as January, 2009. The team at Axis Wake Research has its focus on bringing new levels of quality, performance and style with unparalleled pride of ownership exclusively to the entry-level boat market.

Upon analyzing the landscape of the wakeboard boat industry and surveying current boat owners in the price point market, Malibu identified specific owner expectations that were not being met. These customers have a strong desire for a price point wakeboard boat that evokes pride of ownership with unique styling, solid reputation and top shelf construction. This research showed these buyers want big wakes that are not wrapped in the “ok for everything” compromise many price-point water sports boat manufacturers push. While the Malibu Boats line is often the ultimate desire for this type of buyer, budget has limited their current options to sub-par brands chosen only for price. When customers default to these brands for their first water sports boat buying experience the end result, many times, is a negative one. Axis Wake Research is changing that.

Challenging the conventional wisdom that a high performance wakeboard boat cannot be offered at a price point, Axis Wake Research has initiated a segment-shattering revolution. By carefully sourcing components and materials, employing in-house fabrication, lean manufacturing, unique production processes and strategic sales and marketing practices, Axis offers low cost to the customer without compromising quality.

Performance and customer satisfaction levels are also being raised by Axis through an aggressive grassroots research and development campaign. These efforts revolve around the specific needs and wants of core riders and families alike. Or as the team at Axis Wake Research likes to say and the Axis name implies “We’re centered on you.”

Because Axis is answering the needs of consumers in such a specific price point market segment, Axis boats will not be built on the same production line as Malibu Boats. The Axis movement is a completely new way to research, design, build and market entry-level big wake boats. The relationship between Malibu Boats and Axis is similar to the connection between BMW and Mini or Lexus and Toyota. Malibu and Axis are two completely different brands of boats in goal and scope, but they share the same parent company.

Look for a series of news releases from Axis Wake Research in the coming weeks describing the company, the boat and the people behind this revolution in big wake boat manufacturing.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• 1FootDan

• liljohn

• Matt_Alger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got the press release from Malibu direct so I'd say it's confirmed. (unless someone was just trying to make me look the fool, which in that case you worked way too hard for that and could have used a lot less energy to find a way to get the same result :)

Edited by OnlyInboards

This should be interesting to watch. My last boat was a 1988 Pismo Skier, supposedly that boat was built by Malibu, so it sounds like history might be repeating itself.

Lets hope it is a Lexus/Toyota thing and not a Chevy/Geo thing.

Here is the press release.....No pictures at this point.

MALIBU BOATS INTRODUCES NEW PRICE POINT BOAT DIVISION

Malibu Boats is introducing a new price point wakeboard boat division under the name Axis Wake Research.

(Loudon, TN) Axis Wake Research (http://www.axiswake.com), a new boat division under Malibu Boats LLC (http://www.malibuboats.com), will begin manufacturing high performance, price point wakeboard boats later this Fall. These entry-level boats will be made available to select dealerships as early as January, 2009. The team at Axis Wake Research has its focus on bringing new levels of quality, performance and style with unparalleled pride of ownership exclusively to the entry-level boat market.

Upon analyzing the landscape of the wakeboard boat industry and surveying current boat owners in the price point market, Malibu identified specific owner expectations that were not being met. These customers have a strong desire for a price point wakeboard boat that evokes pride of ownership with unique styling, solid reputation and top shelf construction. This research showed these buyers want big wakes that are not wrapped in the “ok for everything” compromise many price-point water sports boat manufacturers push. While the Malibu Boats line (http:www.malibuboats.com) is often the ultimate desire for this type of buyer, budget has limited their current options to sub-par brands chosen only for price. When customers default to these brands for their first water sports boat buying experience the end result, many times, is a negative one. Axis Wake Research (http://www.axiswake.com) is changing that.

Challenging the conventional wisdom that a high performance wakeboard boat cannot be offered at a price point, Axis Wake Research (http://www.axiswake.com) has initiated a segment-shattering revolution. By carefully sourcing components and materials, employing in-house fabrication, lean manufacturing, unique production processes and strategic sales and marketing practices, Axis offers low cost to the customer without compromising quality.

Performance and customer satisfaction levels are also being raised by Axis through an aggressive grassroots research and development campaign. These efforts revolve around the specific needs and wants of core riders and families alike. Or as the team at Axis Wake Research likes to say and the Axis name implies we're centered on you.

Because Axis is answering the needs of consumers in such a specific price point market segment, Axis boats will not be built on the same production line as Malibu Boats (http://www.malibuboats.com). The Axis movement is a completely new way to research, design, build and market entry-level big wake boats. The relationship between Malibu Boats and Axis is similar to the connection between BMW and Mini or Lexus and Toyota. Malibu and Axis are two completely different brands of boats in goal and scope, but they share the same parent company.

Look for a series of news releases from Axis Wake Research (http://www.axiswake.com) in the coming weeks describing the company, the boat and the people behind this revolution in big wake boat manufacturing.

I got the press release from Malibu direct so I'd say it's confirmed. (unless someone was just trying to make me look the fool, which in that case you worked way too hard for that and could have used a lot less energy to find a way to get the same result :)

Yea, I doubt it. My dealer is saying he can't say anything yet. Checking with our area rep now.

I would wonder where the boats will be built. Will they be built by Malibu employees on another line, or will they be completely outsourced? Perhaps old molds, but with cheaper assembly and parts.

I also wonder about the distribution. Will current Malibu dealers handle the distribution or will they be signing up new dealers? Maybe you can go to the local Nautique dealer and choose between an expensive CC or a less expensive Axis.

Judging by the poor website execution, this should be interesting. My seven year old could have come up with a better logo using mud and bits of string.

Lets hope they are putting thier time and money into more important things.

I heard the current dealers will be selling them... At least I hope so... I also heard it is only going to start as one model and that model is going to be a Pickle Fork... Dontknow.gif

After reading this it looks like they will focus only on wakeboarding. Lets hope that it eventually results in dusting off the Sportster molds or maybe a version of the current Classic Response.

This will likely eat into the Ride series sales... It is difficult to have 3 price points in the market. Could this be the beginning of the end for the Ride?

I heard the current dealers will be selling them... At least I hope so... I also heard it is only going to start as one model and that model is going to be a Pickle Fork... Dontknow.gif

I just heard basicly the same thing about the pickle fork design. They said its not exactly a pickle fork but fairly close.

Grab some pop corn lets see where this goes.. so far we have malibu starting a cheaper boat line that has turned in to a pickle fork.. Lets see whats next..(60 secnod ballast, snap out carpet,trim tabs, oh ya a fridge, ) lmao... Partytime.gif

Edited by liljohn

So if sales of Malibus are slumping..... you build a price point brand. I get it. May work! (I hope it does) But the press release says they won't be built on the same "lines" as Malibu.....(I assume production lines) Why would they go to the trouble to open a new factory when the 2 they have now are down on production?

They are smarter than ME, so I guess they know what they are doing!

Patrick

It sounds like a good deal for Malibu, they decreased their output on their boats so now they have a factory with the potential of moving out so much more. So this would fill their gap. Im upset cause i just got my first boat which i have been wanting for years and now it seems it will deprecate much quicker, its a VRIDE

It sounds like a good deal for Malibu, they decreased their output on their boats so now they have a factory with the potential of moving out so much more. So this would fill their gap. Im upset cause i just got my first boat which i have been wanting for years and now it seems it will deprecate much quicker, its a VRIDE

J.p. do you realy think malibu would upset its entire client base by making a boat that would kill the value of customers boats or the ones it sells currently? I would hope not.. I would think that they are marketing a whole new line up NOT to compete with its existing boats but reach the people that cant reach there existing line up. Just my thought.

Edited by liljohn
While the Malibu Boats line is often the ultimate desire for this type of buyer, budget has limited their current options to sub-par brands chosen only for price.

Here's my question. Who are the sub-par brands that are being chosen only for price???? Moomba is the only one I know of.

Have they looked at the price of Supras, Centurions, Tiges, Supremes, MBs.......they don't carry sup-par pricing.

Also how can you possibly build a cheaper boat from the ground up. If the rumors are true about a picklefork, I don't know how that can be cheaper than taking an existing mold and subtracting content.