Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is the oldest/youngest person you have pulled?

REW

Age of Riders  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What is the oldest person you have pulled?

• 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-65
    • 65-70
    • 70-75
    • 75+
    • I am just out of college and don't know any old people.
  2. 2. What is the youngest person you have pulled?

• Under 2
    • 2-4
    • 4-6
    • 6-8
    • 8-12
    • I don't have kids.

This poll was inspired by "barefootski" and the posting of his father skiing without hands. I pulled my father last year when he was 65. The youngest was my son when he was 7 got him up on skies and a wakeboard his first year Clap.gif

I pulled my mom on a wakeboard for the first time on her 60th birthday, then followed it a year later by teaching her to surf. :) The youngest that we've pulled is a 3 year old, on trainer skis. I have memories from my childhood of skiing doubles with my grandmother, she had to be in her sixties the last time that we did that.

If pulling Jess with Little Dude riding with her then I think he was well under 2yrs.

Joe

Forgot about that one, he should have the pics. I think that they even went ropeless, right? That was 2 years ago, so he would have been 18 months.

Doe's pulling a kid in a tube count?

Cuteness factor aside lets keep them on something that takes some skill to ride. Thanks REW

I once knew a girl who claimed to have pulled a guy who was 15. She thought he was 18 at the time though.

Do we have a rimshot emoticon?

Thank you. We'll be here all week.

I once knew a girl who claimed to have pulled a guy who was 15. She thought he was 18 at the time though.

Do we have a rimshot emoticon?

Thank you. We'll be here all week.

Lets keep this clean shall we?

My father in law on his 70th b-day. Interestingly enough my father in law also built a disc out of plywood for riding back in the 1960s. He was able to ride that disc while standing on top of a bar stool. Pretty darn cool for the 60s.

Not long after, my brother in law was able to spin a 360 while standing on the stool. You know, had to top dad.

Did your father in law frequent Cultus Lake ? In the late 70's and early 80's there was a fellow who used a stool on a circular wooden disc at Cultus.

At the ski course on Billy Chinook the best 3 skiers in our boat total age is 185 years old. I'm the 3rd best skier at age 62. A lot of folks from Portland frequent Billy and boy do they bring some nice (expensive) inboard boats . Clap.gifClap.gif A lot of them are wake board set ups of course. We often have a small flotilla just watching us ski the course. When the big guns from the Sundance ski club are not around we regularly get cheers and applause. Even me and I'm only skiing the narrow buoys. Makes my day ? You Betcha !

I've pulled my daughter a couple of weeks prior to her second birthday on a ski trainer and regularily take my 70 year old Dad for a slalom set. Both get out about once or twice a week.

If pulling Jess with Little Dude riding with her then I think he was well under 2yrs.

Joe

Forgot about that one, he should have the pics. I think that they even went ropeless, right? That was 2 years ago, so he would have been 18 months.

LOL I had forgot about that, but technically you guys pulled him at 8 months and then again while surfing at 18 months.. We pulled my son at just over 3yo on skis. So I won that he got to ski first... yippee!

Did your father in law frequent Cultus Lake ? In the late 70's and early 80's there was a fellow who used a stool on a circular wooden disc at Cultus.

At the ski course on Billy Chinook the best 3 skiers in our boat total age is 185 years old. I'm the 3rd best skier at age 62. A lot of folks from Portland frequent Billy and boy do they bring some nice (expensive) inboard boats . Clap.gifClap.gif A lot of them are wake board set ups of course. We often have a small flotilla just watching us ski the course. When the big guns from the Sundance ski club are not around we regularly get cheers and applause. Even me and I'm only skiing the narrow buoys. Makes my day ? You Betcha !

Not sure about cultus. But he is visiting us tonight. I will ask him. Also I might be able to get a picture scanned in if the mother in law knows where to find one. I know he rode on ten mile lake in lakeside. They have a cabin there.

Glad to see that the pic of my dad inspired this poll. I have always wondered about the question that the poll asks but have never taken the time to ask. It is great that REW decided to ask instead. That's why I love this web site, although I do not post very frequently but I'm getting better.

My wife had open heart surgery in 1999 at the age of 58. Since then she has wakeboarded a few times, but not to often. This year at the age of 68, she has tried to board after many years rest. She was successful and boarded a lot. I am 67 and only trick ski. But I do it, not as much as I used to. I only can do 3 tricks, I guess I am to old to learn new tricks? We have 6 grand kids and we taught the youngest when he was only 2 years of age. It was on a wake board, but he is pretty good now at 12 years of age. So the oldest is 68, and the youngest was only 2.

Pulled my 3 and 6 year old sons this year for the first time on double skis. 6 year old doesn't need the 'trainer" portion of the skis anymore and wants to try slalom next year.

Pulled my 71 year old father this summer. After hip-replacement surgery he has to get up on 2 skis and drop one to slalom.

I taught my father-in-law to wakeboard 2 yrs ago at the young age of 67 and have pulled him every summer since. In saying that you have to understand who Bert is. He climbs mountains. Does triathlons. Snow skis on tele skis. Climbs mountains so he can tele ski down. A few yrs ago he skied every week for a yr.

In August we had an office day on the lake... (not my boat) Surprising, it was a relaxing time. Of course, there was a tube involved for the unskilled, however we surfed and wake skated also. To my surprise, the boat owner and office co-worker( late 50'searly 60's) jumped on my wake skate and got up the first time and took 4 pulls on it. He loved it!

Two weeks later at work, he mentions he bought a wake skate for kids. Go figure.

I love wake skating!!!!!!!!!!! one step closer to the sky ski.