Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Shampoo

I'm just curious what everyone is using to shampoo their carpeting. Everything I read just says use a mild soap and water, What is considered a mild soap? Dish soap? Simple Green? Regular carpet shampoo? Dontknow.gif Thanks!

I don't use shampoo at all. I've found that the best way to clean the carpet is by washing it down with a pressure washer and then sucking the water up with a shop vac. My carpet still looks great and I've got the infamous 2005 carpet.

Every person we've had clean our carpets at home has said carpet shampoo is bad, it just attracts dirt.

Most suggest a diluted vinegar and water solution.

I'm not sure if this applies to boat carpets, but I would imagine it would.

i have used a commercial grade upholstery cleaner (with the recommended carpet shampoo) twice and it makes the carpets look brand new. Its basically like spraying it down and shop vac'n it up.....except I THINK you get better (more thorough) results ...It is probably more time consuming though..............P.S- you would be shocked by what the waste water looks like!! Oh, and if you don't have access to the smaller, commercial grade upholstery cleaning unit...you can rent one of the big ones and use the upholstery attachmnt.

I use the 303 fabric cleaner diluted in a shampooer, works like a charm, then use the 303 fabric guard to treat it when finished. It is like a better quality scotch guard. The water actually beads up and the dirt doesn't stick to it. Very pleased with it.

Bought my 2005 Wakesetter used, and the carpet looked like someone had ironed it flat. Used carpet cleaner and vac, but no use - still flat as a fritter. Someone above said, "infamous 2005 carpet". I smell trouble: what's that about? Whatever it is, I think I got it.

Bought my 2005 Wakesetter used, and the carpet looked like someone had ironed it flat. Used carpet cleaner and vac, but no use - still flat as a fritter. Someone above said, "infamous 2005 carpet". I smell trouble: what's that about? Whatever it is, I think I got it.

Do a search on 2005 carpet problems and you will get all the info. Basically, the carpet was notorious for developing brown spots where excessive water was allowed to slow dry on the carpet or where someone used a cleaning solution that wasn't approved for the carpet (particularly any type of "oxi" cleaner). The factory fix for this problem is a powder that you mix with hot water and spray on the spots to clean them. I think the solution was called spray n' go. It did take care of the spots but I don't think it prevents them from coming back. If your carpet gets very wet in spots, use a shop vac to soak up the excessive water before it dries.