Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wet carpet

stevenson911

2004 VLX; water soaks the ballast compartments (primarily the driver side rear). I have taken the ballast tanks out, capped their lines, dry vacuumed it, removed the carpeted molding around the swim platform bolts (inside the rear compartments) and still can't figure out how it gets wet. There are "well" areas around the swim platform bolts and these fill with water (again primarily the driver side). I have tighted every bolt I can find and if I had to guess I would say the water comes from the bottom of the boat and is forced around the rear corners of the boat by the movement of the boat. Can anyone offer advice.

At the top of the tanks (front and rear) there are caps. Both front and rear on my boat were cracked allowing water leak, wetting the carpit. Replace them with new caps from Home Depot.

At the top of the tanks (front and rear) there are caps. Both front and rear on my boat were cracked allowing water leak, wetting the carpit. Replace them with new caps from Home Depot.

What he said except there are fittings at the bottom too. Pull the tanks out and replace the plugs OR plumb in Pro X 750 sacs and be done with it. Those tanks take up too much room anyway.

What he said except there are fittings at the bottom too. Pull the tanks out and replace the plugs OR plumb in Pro X 750 sacs and be done with it. Those tanks take up too much room anyway.

I have already removed the tanks and capped the lines while trying to diagnose the problem. They have been out for a month. The water seems to originate at the back of the boat and move forward. I known for sure the ice chest drain line leaks around the hose and on to the carpet but not nearly enough for what I have encountered. I still think the water may be rushing around the back wall from the bottom of the boat when accelarating or turning hard. I just can't believe the design would allow for water to be slung around the back of the boat like that...................I appreciate any help.

You may have a leak at the rub rail. My boat leaks a little in this area and I've read of others with the same problem.

Soooo, how do you fix this rub rail leak?

You may have a leak at the rub rail. My boat leaks a little in this area and I've read of others with the same problem.

I went through this with my 2005 V ride. I pulled back the carpet inside the rear compartment and sealed the seam with silicone. When we just drive around , there is no leak in the rear trunk, but when people get in and out of the boat via the swim platform water drips on the sunpad and then drains to the piano hinges on the sides of the hatches and flows down the hinge till it ends and drops down to the rear part of the compartment/trunk. When you accelerate the bow rises and all the water flows to those two recessed pockets for the swimplatform bolts. To resolve this I cut out the back 15-18 inches of the floor carpet in the trunk and replaced it with EVA. I left the front part with carpet,so water wouldn't flow forward in to the storage areas under the seats. I'll bet you'll find that most of your water is coming from those piano hinges, especially if you surf.

I would first make certain that this is in fact the source of the leak. Then, you would need to remove the rub rail and seal the seam between the deck and hull.

This happened on my V-Ride as well. I don't have the ballast tanks back there so it couldn't have been from there. After having the dealer look at it (twice) they confirmed it, too, was the rubrail. They basically pulled it off and re-sealed everything.

We had the same issue in our vRide and found out that if the shower head nozzle was not turned to the off setting that water would come out of it when driving. I thought that as long as the switch was turned to off it would not leak, but after starting out with dry carpet and then driving up the river a few miles found that the carpet was again wet and also noticed the water was warm. Had my wife hold the shower head and drove around some more and sure enough water was coming out of the shower head - not allot, but enough to make the carpet wet on longer runs - we then turned it to the off position and problem solved.