Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge Screws

River Rat

I have a manual wedge on my 2000 SLXI and had a tough time lowering the wedge this weekend. An inspection showed that one of the finger screws that is used to slide the peg in is bent and therefore the peg can't be retracted all the way into the sleeve allowing the wedge to snap into place. Before I go banging on the screw to try to straighten it out, where can you get a replacement? I don't have a dealer close by...

It appears that the finger screw is threaded and screws into the peg--is that the case? It may be easier to remove it to straighten rather than banging away. It looks like it is stainless and the last thing I want to do is snap it off. That would be a b**** to remove.

Mcmaster carr will have it if you know the thread (probably a 1/4-20 but Im not sure) otherwise I would just stick any old screw in there for now.

And you're right, don't go at it with a hammer or you will just snap it off.

-Chris

PP you are right--it is a threaded thumb screw. I decided to take a chance before I heard back from the Crew. Armed with a can of PB Blaster and a big set of pliers, the thumb screw came out. Man that thing was bent! A trip to our local hardware specialty store and I now have 4 new stainless thumb screws just waiting to be installed this evening.

Thanks for the help!!!