Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Big Pull

walnuthill

After 1/2 a day of skiing and partying we decided to do a big pull.

15 sets of skies, ropes and skiers. Rockon.gif

One Malibu Response SS. (2001 Response with 8.1 liter 425 hp engine) Thumbup.gif

Here is the boat and skiers.

post-899-1220321402_thumb.jpg

Edited by walnuthill
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walnuthill

• WakeGirl

• rajkd1

• Chef23

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty cool...wake looks washy on the port side...J/K.

That could have something to do with the driver being very large to say the least..... i don't know for sure though

We did 5 - all on one ski - last year behind our RLXi. The funny thing was that two that usually ski behind an i/o got up every time. They were used to the drag out of the hole. The two that are newer skiers that were used to a DD really struggled. I used to slalom behind a 18 horse Johnson that would drag you half way around the lake before you got up, so I was used to it. Surprising how much drag just 5 skiers put on a boat.

Mike

We did 5 - all on one ski - last year behind our RLXi. The funny thing was that two that usually ski behind an i/o got up every time. They were used to the drag out of the hole. The two that are newer skiers that were used to a DD really struggled. I used to slalom behind a 18 horse Johnson that would drag you half way around the lake before you got up, so I was used to it. Surprising how much drag just 5 skiers put on a boat.

Mike

need to see a picture of this arrangement.

edit: whoops, I'm guessing you mean they were all on their own single/slalom ski. at first I read it as five people somehow all standing on one ski together.

Edited by PDR447

When I was about 13 we did 7 in a beach start behind a Nautique. I seem to remember 6 of us got up and we bent the pylon. The tough part was figuring out how much slack to hold so you didn't get killed but the boat had some speed.

Yeah, that SS has the advantage of an 8.1L, no extra boat would be necessary. There is no replacement for displacement. :)

Were going to try 20 next year but that will need a 2 boat pull.