Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing rear hard tanks out of 06 V-Ride

bigdave0924

Has any here ever removed the hard tanks from a V-Ride and plumbed in bigger sacs from fly-high or the like? Can you just connect the hoses for fill, drain, and vent to the new sac? Also is it possible to use the over flow from the middle tank to fill a bow sac? If anyone has any pictures it would be a great help we are looking to get a better surf wake without putting sacs in the floor and would rather not use lead. Thanks in advance for the help.

look under Mod and ballast info. you will find all your answers there!

also try the search and it will bring up alot of info.

The rear tanks is in there for sure but i have not seen anyone use the midship drain to fill a front bag. seems like it would take forever. You could install pumps if you want to make it look factory or just use a pump over the side of the boat.

Has any here ever removed the hard tanks from a V-Ride and plumbed in bigger sacs from fly-high or the like? Can you just connect the hoses for fill, drain, and vent to the new sac? Also is it possible to use the over flow from the middle tank to fill a bow sac? If anyone has any pictures it would be a great help we are looking to get a better surf wake without putting sacs in the floor and would rather not use lead. Thanks in advance for the help.

It's really easy! Took my friend and I less then an hour in his 03 VLX, took me me about 1.5 on our V230 (the tanks were an itch to get out though)

You might need to buy a few more feet of tubing IIRC.