Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'09 Malibu MaliView video

Ronnie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• 68Slalom

• Malibusteve

• Malibudude

I would absolutely order that option, if i was getting a new boat.

I wonder if they could put the MaliView into an old boat.... Huh???

Plus1.gif yea I agree and put it in place of my decrepid Computron

Why are all you guys whining about the gas guages?

If you have ever owned a boat you know that its approximate and no matter what year, or what brand it is, its not going to be an exact reading.

That looks unreal!! I cant wait to try one out and mess with it. I wonder how it will stand up to the elements though....

That was my first thought. How useful will it be if the sun is glaring right onto it, or it gets sprayed with water?

Direct link to the youtube video...

They've had 466 views in 2 days!!

Wow, i couldn't image getting a 09' Malibu with out it... can't wait to use one out on the lake.

Edited by Bakes Board & Ski

I'm not sure I would jump in right away, I'd like to see how dependable it is before actually going through the growing pains of a new PC system like that. It looks cool and it has all the features you would like to have, but does it really work the way they say it does Dontknow.gif

If you have ever owned a boat you know that its approximate and no matter what year, or what brand it is, its not going to be an exact reading.

They probably could have taken a fraction of what they spent on this and put it towards making an accurate fuel guage. There is NO reason why boats these days shouldn't have accurate fuel guages (at least when sitting still)

They probably could have taken a fraction of what they spent on this and put it towards making an accurate fuel guage. There is NO reason why boats these days shouldn't have accurate fuel guages (at least when sitting still)

My computron gives me the gallons used and is FAR more accurate than the fuel gauge.

My Dealer strayed me away from it saying they havnt worked all the bugs out of the system yet. He said at this point (which hopefully they will fix for the people ordering in spring 09) that it really wasnt worth the added benefit of the screen. So I opted away from it. He didnt tell me what bugs exactly, just that they were having problems with it right now.

Very cool but I sure hope there is some kind of dimmer switch for those late night runs, otherwise your night vision is shot. Thats my only complaint about the setup with the LCD on the 06 dash. All the qauges are red except the bright gray LCD screen

My Dealer strayed me away from it saying they havnt worked all the bugs out of the system yet. He said at this point (which hopefully they will fix for the people ordering in spring 09) that it really wasnt worth the added benefit of the screen. So I opted away from it. He didnt tell me what bugs exactly, just that they were having problems with it right now.

Anytime you introduce something new, 80% of the time you'll have issues you could not foresee in advance. It just seems to work that way in all the industries I've been involved with Dontknow.gif we (USA) need smarter Engineers Whistling.gif

I have 94 euro F3 and all the gauges suck, except the RPM gauge. Thats all I need along with the sound of the engine to give a good pull! As much as I'd like to buy an 09 with all the bells and whistles, my oldy is running sweet and doing everything I need it to. Plus you don't have to be anal about the vinyl and $hit. Biggrin.gif

You can bet your arse they ne MaliView will have problems!! Just like new body style on a vehicle!

AF1

I have 94 euro F3 and all the gauges suck, except the RPM gauge. Thats all I need along with the sound of the engine to give a good pull! As much as I'd like to buy an 09 with all the bells and whistles, my oldy is running sweet and doing everything I need it to. Plus you don't have to be anal about the vinyl and $hit. Biggrin.gif

You can bet your arse they ne MaliView will have problems!! Just like new body style on a vehicle!

AF1

Plus1.gif and if the way they've handled the 08 stereo issues is any indication I'm not so sure I would want malivue :unsure: (despite how awesome it looks)

It would be far more cost effective & accurate to put in a fuel flow meter. That combined with software could give what you've burned along with an estimation of what remains. I can see how that would be completely feasible.

And then there are guys like me, that will gladly work out any possible bugs, and love every minute of it. Maliview rocks, I wouldn't order a boat without it.

Peter :)

And then there are guys like me, that will gladly work out any possible bugs, and love every minute of it. Maliview rocks, I wouldn't order a boat without it.

I think that I've come around, I'm with you Pete. The next boat will definitely have this option.

I think that I've come around, I'm with you Pete. The next boat will definitely have this option.

Plus1.gif