Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 LSV vs 247 LSV which to buy

chuckc983

What are your thoughts on the pros and cons of going with the 247 instead of a 23? I live on a lake so I don't need to trailier the boat. The key benefits of the 247 I assume would be rough water ride, larger potential wake, and more room. The main disadvantage I suspect would be uses more gas. I am not sure about the wake. Which boat would produce a better wake for boarding and surfing with the stock ballest. I guess the last question is would those of you that own a 23 consider upgrading to a 247 and does anyone that has a 247 feel they would be better off with a 23? Thanks!

247 with every available option the biggest engine and a huge aftermarket stereo.

then you'll never have to say " Dang it, I wish I would have ordered those chrome tracking fins"

What the heck, it's not my money. :)

What are your thoughts on the pros and cons of going with the 247 instead of a 23? I live on a lake so I don't need to trailier the boat. The key benefits of the 247 I assume would be rough water ride, larger potential wake, and more room. The main disadvantage I suspect would be uses more gas. I am not sure about the wake. Which boat would produce a better wake for boarding and surfing with the stock ballest. I guess the last question is would those of you that own a 23 consider upgrading to a 247 and does anyone that has a 247 feel they would be better off with a 23? Thanks!

Nobody surfs with stock ballast, well very well anyways.

The only reason i would go up to a 247 is for the extra space. 70% of the time we have plenty of space but sometimes with a big crew it can get tight. Other then that i will keep with the 23!

I guess I'll go out on a limb and say 23, the 247 is just too much boat although if money was not an issue I would have both Thumbup.gif

I am curious if anyone out there who bought a 247 wishes they bought the 23.

I met a guy that went from the 23 back to the 21. They said towing around the 23 was too much.

Edited by CTSunsetter

I don't think the 247 offers any real notable improvement in rough water.. pretty much the same. It does burn more gas, and is a little trickier to maneuver.

The wake (with stock ballast) is the best I've ridden, and surfing is wonderful as well. If gas consumption, and maneuvering size is a concern for you, then go 23

Otherwise 247!

I don't think the 247 offers any real notable improvement in rough water.. pretty much the same. It does burn more gas, and is a little trickier to maneuver.

The wake (with stock ballast) is the best I've ridden, and surfing is wonderful as well. If gas consumption, and maneuvering size is a concern for you, then go 23

Otherwise 247!

Plus1.gif

247 all the way!!!

how much of a dif is the gas factor?? 25-40 buks for the day??

wake is silly

tons of room

And if it's on the lake your not having to trailer...

If price is not an issue go with the 247. Stewarts boat is always for sale. It is awesome. We decided to go with the 23 LSV. We love the boat. I tows well and it is really roomy overall. I do not think you will be sad either way.

Good luck

i was all set on a 23, until i sat in the 247. i still wasn't sold until i drove it. imo, there is a noticeable difference in the way the 247 drives in chop, much better. i boat in havasu and mead quite a bit, so this was an important factor for me. during my test drive, i thought the 247 handled just as well as the 23. i got the HH engine and would have put that one in the 23 so i can't imagine gas is that big a difference between the two with that engine.

the wake is unreal, i have stock ballast and the power wedge. thats all you need. you load the boat up with your crew and their gear, thats all the ballast you will need for the best wake out there, both wakeboarding and surf.

the only time i wish i had bought a smaller boat is when im cleaning it!