Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu warranty policy

rat01

Does anyone know what Malibu's warranty policy is for second owners. I just had the dealer inspection done and transferred the remaining warranty. When the work was done and I had paid the bill, the service manager proceeded to inform me that I was responsable for all shipping, duty, any diagnosis time and a $100.00 "deductable" on all warranty work (because I did not buy from them and the boat is used). This does not correct to me. I have been in the automotive service business for years and auto manufacturers do not allow dealers to add any additional charges to warranty covered items. I also cannot believe that Malibu would make dealers pay their own shipping and duty on warranty parts. This experiance has left me and my wife so upset we are probably goint to sell the boat next spring and buy another make.

Does not sound right at all to me. Call Malibu direct (someone here will gove you the number if you ask, I don't know it) and see what they have to say. My guess would be Malibu would not be too happy about this.

Does anyone know what Malibu's warranty policy is for second owners. I just had the dealer inspection done and transferred the remaining warranty. When the work was done and I had paid the bill, the service manager proceeded to inform me that I was responsable for all shipping, duty, any diagnosis time and a $100.00 "deductable" on all warranty work (because I did not buy from them and the boat is used). This does not correct to me. I have been in the automotive service business for years and auto manufacturers do not allow dealers to add any additional charges to warranty covered items. I also cannot believe that Malibu would make dealers pay their own shipping and duty on warranty parts. This experiance has left me and my wife so upset we are probably goint to sell the boat next spring and buy another make.

Did he happen to tell you to just go ahead and make the check out to him directly while he was at it. I think he's pulling one over on you. The difference between boat and auto manufactureres is there are territories for boat dealers and a sort of no compete clause. This does not exist with auto manufactuers. He's probably just mad you didn't buy the boat from him and trying to stick it to you.

You should only be charged the fee to inspect the boat for the change or of warranty and the labor time the shop took to complete it. Provided it was changed and then warranty items worked on, those should be covered as dictated by Malibu/Indmar warranties.

I had to pay a $100 deductable on my F250 for warrenty work (same dealer). Ford sent me a check later for the $100 after it was repaired. ??? Same thing? :unsure:

You should have no deductible are out of pocket expense. There is a warranty transfer to Indmar and Malibu not sure of the exact dollar figure i think around $800 total. If you are not the original owner. But having a warranty is priceless! especially a malibu warranty!!

Edited by CRASH