Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New water sport

Sixball

Ok a bit of info on this. I live on this lake. the pictures are about 130 yards out from the shore in front of my house. The lake is 20 to twenty five feet deep at this point. The lake is a man made and does not have many stumps but found two out in front of the house. So this is the sport.

post-2931-1218214631_thumb.jpg

You would not believe how boats go by and not a second look. One stooped and asked what is the trick?

Ok a bit of info on this. I live on this lake. the pictures are about 130 yards out from the shore in front of my house. The lake is 20 to twenty five feet deep at this point. The lake is a man made and does not have many stumps but found two out in front of the house. So this is the sport.

post-2931-1218214631_thumb.jpg

You would not believe how boats go by and not a second look. One stooped and asked what is the trick?

post-2931-1218214867_thumb.jpg

lmao!! hate to see the water go low and nail your prop on that stump!! Do they make underwater saws..LOL..

No kidding.

Years ago we tried to yank a piling out of the bottom of Lake Sammamish. Broke the rope. Ended up using a pneumatic saw to cut down low.

Hope you at least marked with a buoy or flag or something it for now.

We bent a prop year before last surfing in 30' of water on a stump like that. The water level was down three feet. A couple of weeks ago I was on the Skyski and bumped it again with the bottom of the foil when I was getting up. The water is only 2' down this summer. We don't Skyski there anymore....

We bent a prop year before last surfing in 30' of water on a stump like that. The water level was down three feet. A couple of weeks ago I was on the Skyski and bumped it again with the bottom of the foil when I was getting up. The water is only 2' down this summer. We don't Skyski there anymore....

Trying to do your best impression of the guy at the end of The Secret Spot, eh? :lol:

The water is as low as it gets. The dam will stop dumping and the lake will refill. The lake is used for power production and is controlled. the stumps are 4 to 41/2 feet under water no problem for boaters.

Just could not believe the number of boaters that had no clue someone standing in the muddle of the lake. We put the girl on his shoulders thinking it may cause boaters to notice. NO !!!!!!!

We also keep a Bu near the people on the stump for safety but far enough away so people would not think the two have any connection.

Trying to do your best impression of the guy at the end of The Secret Spot, eh? :lol:

That Freeman guy is about 1/2 nutty before he did that faceplant. Rockon.gif

Watch those submerged objects on a foil. Last Tuesday night I tried to take on a big piece of bark..... it won. A few college girls were out rowing & came over to find out if I was OK...... I got better in a hurry.

We actually were riding at the Secret Spot two years ago. My son in law was getting on the foil in the water. When he was all fastened in he noticed he couldn't move the foil around. He had drifted into the fork of a submerged log. He had to completely get off of the ski to get it free. We moved to another part of the river.

Bill,

Spitz told me one time he was riding and noticed the foil was really dragging. He dropped off and raised the strut up to see what the problem was. He had center punched a turtle and it was still stuck on the strut having gone half way through the turtle.

I've hit fish before and cut them into without getting pitched off. What's the craziest thing you have hit?

Nothing like that. One time I had some algae or some other lake goo that had wrapped itself on the foil & it pulled down enough to keep the ski flat on the water. It happened often enough that when the ski became pinned like that I'd just have to let go because I knew what had happened.

A turtle, huh. That would be freaky. Amazing it didn't drop Todd.

Had a buddy cut a muskrat in 1/2 one time. He loaded up to do a back roll & we saw this brown thing fly thru the air as he crashed. We thought he's lost his ponytail or something! Came back to get him & only found 1/2 the muskrat. Surprised.gif

Sticks & lake scum are about all I've hit (knockin on wood now). Got completely tangled up in a huge patch of weeds one time.

Sorry for the hijack Sixball. I think I'd put a buoy on that stump if it were my lake.

That Freeman guy is about 1/2 nutty before he did that faceplant. Rockon.gif

Watch those submerged objects on a foil. Last Tuesday night I tried to take on a big piece of bark..... it won. A few college girls were out rowing & came over to find out if I was OK...... I got better in a hurry.

It's funny how the lttle things can make you feel better! Drool.gif

That's pretty neat. Reminds me of the time I was skiing in about 9 feet of water on the river. I dropped the rope, removed my ski, put my feet down in the water and stood up about chest deep. I was on a large commercial fishing "hoop" net and it was actually pretty scary at first. Turns out the net isn't to be left in the water on weekends, and this was a Saturday. Don't know if the owner ever had to pay a fine or not, but the DNR was called by my neighbor and the officer came to speak with me about it.