Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast for Old Skool 'BU

beast

So I've got a '93 Sunsetter & want a bigger wake for boarding. I know, I know it's a ski boat not a wake boat.....well, I don't ski & this is the boat I've got. Just want some opinions on what you would do, or have done. I really don't want anything on the sides of the motor box, it's cramped as it is. Here's what I was thinking... Remove the rear bottom seat cusion & use a FlyHigh rear seat sack in it's place 580lbs That way people could still sit on it. And another sac in the ski locker 370lbs

Whatdya think? Will this give me a decent wake?

Edited by beast

I use the same rear seat sac, and it helps a lot on my Echelon (with wedge). I also use a bow sac at times.

If you get the rear seat sac, they come in 2 types: with the fitting on the top middle of the sac (no one can sit in the middle of the seat); or on the top end of the sac (about 4 inches from the edge). You will need to specify to the seller which you want (you may need to talk to FlyHigh directly).

Good luck.

Edited by gjsmith73