Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody use a noseplug?

Badger

I'm trying to fight through my 2nd sinus infection of the summer without going to the doctor. My nose is constantly dripping after skiing just from the slalom start. Does anyone use a noseplug, and if so, what kind? The last time I've even seen one is when I was a little kid in swimming lessons.

Ken

I'm trying to fight through my 2nd sinus infection of the summer without going to the doctor. My nose is constantly dripping after skiing just from the slalom start. Does anyone use a noseplug, and if so, what kind? The last time I've even seen one is when I was a little kid in swimming lessons.

Ken

Dude, I hear ya.

These are the ones I use:

http://www.breathepurenap.com/

they really aren't for the water but I found when they are already wet that they don't let much water pass through. It's not 100% but they sure have helped, I don't use them much for wakeboarding because I'm usually wrecking at least 6-7 time on each run but they are perfect for skiing, I don't go without them.

I know it sounds crude, but my skiing partner always uses clear adhesive tape on his nose after not finding noseplugs that really work.

My doc suggests I use Nasonex/Flonaze, or some other sinus/allergy medication after a day on the water to help prevent these sorts of things.

I'm surprised our resident ENTs haven't spoken on this yet. They must be seeing patients, or they're on the water already (punks) while we're still at the office.

My former chief driver (Dad) has a tendency to drop the hammer on the ski starts, and I exhale through the spray. My problem is not from the starts but the unplanned landings! Whistling.gif

My new chief driver, 16 y/o daughter, isn't as ruthless tearing my arms out, so I have to exhale a little longer. I still have the same problem with the unforced errors!

Thanks guys. I'll have to check out those nose plugs and get some tape. I also already have a prescription for Flonase, but haven't been taking it since my allergies haven't been bad.

Ken

Thanks guys. I'll have to check out those nose plugs and get some tape. I also already have a prescription for Flonase, but haven't been taking it since my allergies haven't been bad.

Ken

I found a nose clip worked well for me wakeboarding. I had a problem with water shooting up my nose when taking some 'not so great' landings on the wakeboard. Rarely use the clip though except learning a new trick, but does work. Just hate the breathing out of the mouth thing.

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/compnoseclip.html

I've also heard using warm saline solution in the nasal cavity before and after water sports is an option with people with sinus problems. But I'm not an ENT doc.

When I do back deep barefoot starts I just put duct tape over my nose. Doesn't look the coolest but at least I don't sound like mickey mouse all night.

I know it sounds crude, but my skiing partner always uses clear adhesive tape on his nose after not finding noseplugs that really work.

Plus1.gif Been using 3M clear surgical tape for years for footing. Look like a nerd but it works great!

Ken

I found a nose clip worked well for me wakeboarding. I had a problem with water shooting up my nose when taking some 'not so great' landings on the wakeboard. Rarely use the clip though except learning a new trick, but does work. Just hate the breathing out of the mouth thing.

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/compnoseclip.html

I've also heard using warm saline solution in the nasal cavity before and after water sports is an option with people with sinus problems. But I'm not an ENT doc.

I tried something like these and they fell right off after the first deep start, especially if you have sun screen or lotion on your skin.