Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

multiple word searches?

the_dude

bump

I feel your pain. I can never get the search on the forum to work even when I know what I'm looking for. It's easier just to go to google advanced search, type in "themalibucrew.com" in the "search within site or domain" box and key your search terms in the search box. By the way, if you key in exactly what is shown on the screen, it will get you right to this post.

post-1563-1218599357_thumb.jpg

It's a difficult problem that is not entirely limited by the board software, but rather by a combination of the board software & certain configurations in the way the host server is set up. Many of you recall that there were a lot of complaints about the limitation to 4 characters in search - it was that way for a reason. 3 characters will not allow the use of the advanced search feature (the one that will allow multiple words & parts of words by using wild cards). Anything less than 4 characters won't allow that. So as I said in the other thread, we can go to a 3 character search (which we've had for a few weeks now), but we'll have to see how it goes because of the multiple word problem.

I've been looking for some alternatives & so far I don't have any good answers, but I will keep looking.