Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 LSV Wake surf question

Brad3607

Sorry if this has been ask, but I am looking at purchasing a 25 LSV for wake surfing as the bug has bitten hard. Does anyone have or been behind a 25 LSV for wake surfing and if so tell me about the wave shape and size. I want the most surf worthy wake possible any suggestions?

Brad

From the experience I've had, I would go with a 247 if you are after the ultimate surf wake available using a Malibu. With a bigger boat you need to really load it down with people or ballast, but when you do there is just nothing like the Lake Limo. If you don't intend to have a lot of people or fat sacks (sometimes it's the same thing) Whistling.gif then stock the VLX is the King of Surfing with a smaller crew.

Joe

The 25 lsv is a great surf boat. I had one for 4 years and just downsized to the 247. Malibu discontineud the 25 for 08. Overall I really like the 247 much better. It is a much better wakeboarding boat. You do get a big surf wake with stock ballast on the 25 wakesetter but I also used a 750 sac on the surf side. The 25 doesn't drive anywhere as good as the 247. It is a much larger boat for only being 6 in longer. We originally got the 25 after coming from a 25 ft I/O and my wife liked the higher sidewalls and more the feel of a I/O bowrunner. The 247 throws an awesome surf wake when loaded up which is as big as the old 25 wake and all things being equal the 247 is a much better boat.