Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Motor Temp

I have had the new boat out 4 times now and it runs out good from start to top end. What I know are new impellar before I bought it, the temp on my old nautique ran around the 160 mark with a 14? thermostat. The '95 bu only gets to about 140 and holds. I probably need to pull thermostat. Kinda seems like there may not be one. Will it hurt anything or not. Thanks in advance.

I have had the new boat out 4 times now and it runs out good from start to top end. What I know are new impellar before I bought it, the temp on my old nautique ran around the 160 mark with a 14? thermostat. The '95 bu only gets to about 140 and holds. I probably need to pull thermostat. Kinda seems like there may not be one. Will it hurt anything or not. Thanks in advance.
If you have a Mercruiser that temps is about right. The thermostat in my 95 Echelon with Mercruiser uses a 140(143) thermostat. Runs at 140 which would be normal. Edited by Surfin247
If you have a Mercruiser that temps is about right. The thermostat in my 95 Echelon with Mercruiser uses a 140(143) thermostat. Runs at 140 which would be normal.

I run 140 on my 94 Euro F3 Mercruiser. Works great. If it had no thermostat your temp gauge wouldn't even register as mine didn't when running without one before rebuild.

AF1