Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fuel filter location

I have a 2000 sunsetter lxi and i think that my fuel filter may need changed b/c of how the boat is running. Can anyone tell me where it would be at? thanks

There's two filters on your particular boat assuming you have a Monsoon. The first one (Wix #33033) I would change is located in the ski locker area . You need to remove the back panel (the screws are hidden under the carpeting) to get at it. The other filter (Wix 33481) is located on the port side of the engine - just follow the fuel rail backwards and you will see it.

Please note the 2nd filter (inline after the fuel pump the Wix 33481) is a high pressure filter. When you change it you have to bleed out the fuel pressure in the system with the schrader valve on the fuel rail otherwise you will have a nice gasoline shower.

But as bound4er said, start with the one in the ski locker, the screws are a pain to find but if you look and feel hard enough you will find them. Put them back in with finish washers so you don't have to hunt them down again.

-Chris

thanks got it changed. 5 bucks, not to bad. put all new plugs in too. hope it runs good thurs. if not i am gonna check the one by the engine. 'perciate ya.