Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How good is my wife?

chrisallenhogs

My wife is 10 times the wakeboarder that I am. So far she has the back roll, tantrum, scarecrow, W2W 360 ts and hs, switch hs 360 with W2W half the time (she can land the 360 though) and switch ts 180 W2W. Where does that put her in progression of womens wakeboarding. What else should she be working on to take her to the next level? We just found out this weekend that she is the only female on the lake with an invert. I myself can barely get W2W so i'm not really the driving force she needs to progress. Any helpful ideas of what people out there are working on would be great. Also, she is 29 so I don't think we are thinking anything more than a couple local tournaments.

That's awesome once you have inverts down you should definately look into the INT.

Here's mine for her first ride behind the VLX, after years of suffering behind the SLXI...lol

Also check w/ Goochy his wife rocks too and may have some knowledge of competitions in your area.

post-6-1217348234_thumb.jpg

That's awesome once you have inverts down you should definately look into the INT.

Here's mine for her first ride behind the VLX, after years of suffering behind the SLXI...lol

Also check w/ Goochy his wife rocks too and may have some knowledge of competitions in your area.

She Looks good, what a beautiful lake. Does your wife compete in the int? I had never heard of it seems like a pretty neat organization.

She Looks good, what a beautiful lake. Does your wife compete in the int? I had never heard of it seems like a pretty neat organization.

Not at this time, but I'm sure at some point once she lands inverts consistantly she might join. Also check w/ your dealer they may know of other tournaments around, but the INT is where she'll get great exposure to some killer competition.

I would be getting her into competitions if she is doing all those tricks, Videos Videos!!! Thumbup.gif

Edited by 68Slalom
I would be getting her into competitions if she is doing all those tricks, Videos Videos!!! Thumbup.gif

I had a video camera, it took a trip to the bottom of the lake. Haven't heard back from it.

This has got to be one of the best thread tittles I have seen. :lol::lol:Biggrin.gif

With all the tricks she has she should do well at a few comps.

This has got to be one of the best thread tittles I have seen. :lol::lol:Biggrin.gif

I really didn't mean it that way but after reading it again I can see the joke in it........ :)

I really didn't mean it that way but after reading it again I can see the joke in it........ :)

I figured you meant watch some videos, I just thought I could get a little sympathy for dropping an 8 day old video camera in the lake. Whistling.gif

If she is already landing ts 360's she could probably pull off a ts 540. Also, having both hs and ts inverts is big in comps if she doesn't already have them. Some sort of grab on most if not all tricks is great as well. Sounds like she has a great base of tricks, just adding some more technical moves to them can help out a lot. Like taking that back roll to revert (switch) and spinning both frontside and backside. Sounds VERY impressive so far though Thumbup.gif

My wife is 10 times the wakeboarder that I am. So far she has the back roll, tantrum, scarecrow, W2W 360 ts and hs, switch hs 360 with W2W half the time (she can land the 360 though) and switch ts 180 W2W. Where does that put her in progression of womens wakeboarding. What else should she be working on to take her to the next level? We just found out this weekend that she is the only female on the lake with an invert. I myself can barely get W2W so i'm not really the driving force she needs to progress. Any helpful ideas of what people out there are working on would be great. Also, she is 29 so I don't think we are thinking anything more than a couple local tournaments.

She is doing great! For continued progression, I would ask your same question over on http://www.wakeworld.com/ We discuss more detailed advanced wakeboarding discussions there. Also there is a good trick list at http://www.wakeworld.com/TrickList/ and if you view point value, that will give you an idea of beginner to expert moves.

But in short, if she is just looking to keep it recreational, make sure to "pretty up" the current moves with style points (grabs, pokes, landing blind, hs/ts on all, etc). Switch is also important in comps, BUT I've found away from comps that most friends in the boat on a weekend do not recognize a switched move. So if not competing, perhaps look for more tricks and come back switch later for personal satisfaction or future comps.

Here are a few to kick around:

The Half-Cab Roll which is a switch roll to revert. The roll to revert is one of the easiest inverts a wakeboarder can learn, but landing switch makes it a little bit harder than the easy inverts.

Crow Mobe which is a toeside front roll with a frontside 360

The Mobius which is a heelside backroll with a front side 360

Tantrum to Blind which is a tantrum with an indy grab and a backside 180 (but this one is not the easiest)

The whirlybird which is a tantrum with a backside 360 while rotating the handle above your head. If you perform this trick right it can be one of the most chill tricks in wakeboarding.

Keep up the excellent job!!

Grab everything and bone/poke everthing else. She could obviously work on some 5's and other inverts. I would consider a couple of lessons from a good instructor - one so she progress and two so she progresses as safely as possible. FYI - she is killin that is some good stuff she has goin on.

I would disagree with wakeup on WW, sorry, but WW isn't a place to go and get sound advice.

Wow, thats awesome.... for a chick Whistling.gif

Just kidding. It's awesome for any rider!

The guys on WW will probably call BS on the whole story & demand proof.

Video would be cool.

THANKS !! Thumbup.gif post up some more pics your wife rocks if see can do all those tricks . My wife LOVEs seeing chicks going BIG !! Come on over to Pickwick , your wife can give my wife some pointers. Friday Aug 1 st my wife is going to a Cathy Williams school at Pickwick . Your wife sould come over too. Thurs- Sat $150.00 a day and lunch included.

Grab everything and bone/poke everthing else. She could obviously work on some 5's and other inverts. I would consider a couple of lessons from a good instructor - one so she progress and two so she progresses as safely as possible. FYI - she is killin that is some good stuff she has goin on.

I would disagree with wakeup on WW, sorry, but WW isn't a place to go and get sound advice.

I agree, I don't see much sound advice on any public forum. WW is much more "wakeboarding" than here, that was my point and I've met some really good people with same interests, as with here with BU's. Here is definitely not the place for sound advice on advanced wakeboarding though.

Hey I post over there and I didn't call BS on this guy. :) But I'm sure there are other forums though if that is not your cup of tea.

Also I agree with the post on getting lessons. I think if you look at all my posts on wakeboarding I usually recommend getting sound instruction and not from a dude in the boat that is a good wakeboarder. Go to a teacher or a camp. Also video yourself and that can be a great source of personal instruction.

Cheers.

Get her in some local competitions, if there is no womens division I am sure she would do well in the guys division (certainly amateur anyways). She could probably walk away with some good prizes depending on how the event is.