Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Throttle issues.....

When i put the throttle down it does nothing but idle. Forward or reverse. It does not rev or even shake just idles. Any ideas? Throttle position sensor?

Definitely not your TPS.

Sounds like your throttle sensor (or whatever its called) on the throttle lever is dead.

-Chris

Did you check both ends of the throttle cable to make sure that it's attached? :Doh:

EDIT: was 2006 the year they started throttle by wire? Dontknow.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu

this just happened to me while skiing the other day.

the perfect pass cable from the servo to the linkage had vibrated loose. just had to reaattach at the linkage, sock down the retaining nut, and we were back at in 5 minutes later. One more point to check a couple times a year.

Where is this located?

assuming you have Perfect Pass.

- find the servo motor

- follow that the cable that is "wrapped" around the servo, back to the throttle linkage.

On a DD, the normal throttle cable actually loops from the front of the boat (throttle) to the back of the engine, then comes from the back to the front to the throttle linkage.

So the prefect pass cable actually attaches to the end of this (it pushes and pulls the linkage to apply the proper rpms/speed). Since there is a seperate cable to the transmission linkage, this is way you can still idle back if the cable breaks or comes disconnected.

When this happened to me, my first thought was, great, now i have to order a new throttle cable, and have the hassle of snaking the cable back through. but it turned out to be a 5 minute fix (and 3 of that was walking back up to the house to get the wrenches). Hope its the same case for you.