Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Xtreme Tower

kstateskier

I couldn't find any information in a couple quick searches. Does the maker or the Xtreme tower that Scarpa uses have a website, or are they sold through any online suppliers?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmoothWaterMan

• onamission

• edwin

• Tom Sawyer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have a website but, it does not show the tower for the RLXi. You have to buy one through your dealer. It is by far the best tower for a slalom boat in my opinion. I have a TowerBiminis top for it that works awesome.

Dwayne

They have a website but, it does not show the tower for the RLXi.  You have to buy one through your dealer.  It is by far the best tower for a slalom boat in my opinion.  I have a TowerBiminis  top for it that works awesome.

Dwayne

maliboo

any pictures?

Extreme Towers - RLXi model ($1950 plus shipping from us)

This is an aluminum tower, and without a doubt requires backing plates inside the gunnel to disperse the load. It does not use heim joints nor does it have a large foot print to disperse any flex.

I like the looks of the tower, and it does fold, but it also does flex more than a Titan too. That's the trade off again - style and aluminum vs stainless.

RLXi1.jpg

RLXi2.jpg

RLXi3.jpg

RLXi4.jpg

RLXi5.jpg

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

I think we've covered this before, but is the Xtreme tower the one that tall people over 6' dislike because of the height?

I'm 5'9" and have to duck to the side a little to go under. With the bimini attached to the front bar in either the open or closed position its pretty easy to see. I haven't hit by head yet, but sure it will happen some day after a few. Beer.gif

Going to install speakers one of these days. Not sure if 5 1/2 rounds or small box speakers like Polk or Bose would look better.

Edited by onamission

I'm not aware of any backing plates installed at the factory unless they install a tower...my guess is the Extreme is a dealer install only at this time.

St. Ellis, yes, TN will if asked politely. I'm sure the CA plant doesn't know this tower exists due to Extreme being in TN itself.

Peter

I have some good pictures of the tower/bimini combo. My bimini is lower, by design, then any I have ever seen attached to a tower. If you don't get shade at least 85-90% of the time, whats the point. I am 6'1" and I don't have any problem with getting in or out of the boat. The drivers at the tourneys have commented that it is the only bimini attached to a tower that they have seen work.

I do agree that the Titan is a stronger tower but if this was going to be a wakeboard boat it would be a VLX. My tower is stronger then the MC mini tower that is made by the same company, go figure!!

How do I upload pictures? Do I need to upgrade my membership? Can I e-mail them to somebody who will upload them?

Dwayne

this might border on one of the dumber questions posed, but will a regular windshied-mounted bimini fit under ANY tower? Specifically, would it fit under an illusion on a 04sunscape, or under a rlxi with the extreme or titan III?

Edited by wakebrdgod

I love that tower, that's hot. One of the best looking towers I've ever seen. If Tige could put that on their boats, they would increase sales 500%.

It does look like it would interfere before the windshield, but I'm glad to hear that I wouldn't have anything to worry about! Does anyone have their contact info? IF I have a windshield-mounted bimini, would it fit underneath?

Does anyone have their contact info?  IF I have a windshield-mounted bimini, would it fit underneath?

You need to call your dealer for more info, the tower is not available direct from Extreme. A boat mounted bimini will not fit underneath. (W/S or deck mounted)

pb

Does Extreme offer ski racks? Anyone know the cost for the Titan and Skylon minis? Also, Peter, do you know if the Extreme can be made to fit other boats than the LXi?

My ski buddy across the lake had 1 board rack from Xtreme and 1 ski rack from Malibu. Neither rack will come off the tower without unbolting them, makes folding down the tower kind of a PITA unless you put towels all around the inside and outside of the boat. If your not careful when you fold down the tower the legs could cut into the upholstery. I'm thinking about Monster racks myself just for the easy removal feature. When I ordered the boat cost was $2000 for a tower, any tower. Sorry for the bad picture of his boat.

Edited by onamission