Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ShoreStation Hydraulic Hoist noise

I just had a dealer install a 2008 ShoreStation Aluminum v-frame Hydraulic hoist SSVHO120HYD at my Lake. It works well but really squeels pretty bad when the boat is lifted up or down. I had the dealer come back and grease the fittings on the ram and top off the hydraulic fulid. They also plumbed and leveled the unit best they could??? The dealer states the squeel is from the rubber quides that slide up and down the four outside posts. I thought about greasing those posts but fiqured the lake would just wash it off. Anyone ever had a similar problem or know how to solve it?? Thanks Ohiobu

I just had a dealer install a 2008 ShoreStation Aluminum v-frame Hydraulic hoist SSVHO120HYD at my Lake. It works well but really squeels pretty bad when the boat is lifted up or down. I had the dealer come back and grease the fittings on the ram and top off the hydraulic fulid. They also plumbed and leveled the unit best they could??? The dealer states the squeel is from the rubber quides that slide up and down the four outside posts. I thought about greasing those posts but fiqured the lake would just wash it off. Anyone ever had a similar problem or know how to solve it?? Thanks Ohiobu

If those guides are squeeling (I don't believe they are rubber, by the way, I think they are plastic) then the lift is not very level. Are you in lots of muck? Did the lift sink after they levelled it?

I wouldn't grease it, I would try to get it level. There should be some space between those guides and the aluminum posts they slide up and down on.