Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BAD SPARK PLUG WIRE CONNECTION

MY #1 SPARK PLUG WIRE HAS A BAD CONNECTION ON THE PLUG AND ABOUT EVERY 3 STARTS IT WON'T TAKE OFF. I CAN IDLE FINE BUT WHEN I GO TO TAKE OFF IT BOGS DOWN. I HAVE TO LIFT THE ENGINE COVER, PULL THE WIRE OFF THE SPARK PLUG AND WIGGLE IT AROUND AND THEN IT WORKS FINE FOR A WHILE. I AM GONNA ORDER A FULL NEW SET OF WIRES BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THIS IS CAUSING ANY DAMAGE TO MY ENGINE, OR IF I WOULD JUST BE OK KEEPING AND EXTRA PLUG AROUND IN CASE IT CAUSES THE PLUG TO FOUL OUT UNTIL I GET THE NEW WIRES. ALSO, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO THE WIRE TO GET A BETTER CONNECTION @ THE PLUG?

THANKS

Edited by [email protected]

Woah welcome to the crew and turn off that caps lock, sounds like you're yelling!

Pretty easy fix, take the wire off the plug and look inside and you will see the "snap in" contact take a pair of pliers and simply squeeze this contact together a bit so it will be a tighter fit on the plug.

-Chris

Woah welcome to the crew and turn off that caps lock, sounds like you're yelling!

Pretty easy fix, take the wire off the plug and look inside and you will see the "snap in" contact take a pair of pliers and simply squeeze this contact together a bit so it will be a tighter fit on the plug.

-Chris

Caps lock is off. thanks for the welcome. i was hoping it would be that easy. i actually did that on sunday when we were at the lake. after that it didn't happen again but i didn't know if it was fixed or not b/c it wasn't happening everytime i started the boat. thanks for the info i think that gives me enough confidence to go back to lake w/o to much worry.