Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Precision Speed Control for skiing

Hi all. Like many of you looking foward to having a sticky (and dream) at the 06 models. Especially how this new cruise will be accepted by tournament skiers and AWSA/USAWS. will it be approved for tournament use?? Will PP still be an option?? why not just have PP or what will be the benefit of a seperate system to everyone else.

Just curious if anyone can extend on this for me

At the moment i am yet to be convinced... :unsure:

the new speed control is as good, maybe a bit better than Wakeboard Pro. If you want ski pro, it is an option, and speed control will be disabled

From what I have heard all the promo boats will still have PP. The new cruise does not have a magnet sensor. It is for open water boating and not for tournaments. I was a little disappointed I was hoping AccuSki was coming back, I personally thought it was a much better system.

Dwayne

hmmm.. no auto timer will not help its chances of becoming successful for skiing. may as well not have it standard on the responses and help keep the cost down.

That's a very good point Toby.

However, if adding PP to it doesn't cost as much I would be ok with it.

For example, if speed control or whatever the official name for it adds $500 to the MSRP of the boat for '06 and adding PP to it costs only $600-$700 I would be ok with it, because it would be about a wash.

One thing that is starting to concern me is that it sounds like the MC guys aren't all happy with it. Check out TeamTalk and it isn't all positive comments like I would have thought.

Mike

My bet is that it will take a few years to iron out all the kinks in the new integrated speed controls but at some point they will be better than perfect pass or any aftermarket system could be. Being able to tap directly into all the engine information and directly control the throttle has alot of potential if they can work out the software and itegrate good speed sensors as well as magnets and timers.

The MC promo boats in our area have been having alot of trouble. One got thrown out of a tourny, the same one then had to pull six back to back rerides to the same person for 32off @ 36, the boat would not pull good times. The funny thing is the guy that had to ski so many back to backs is the son of the boats owner and the actual owner of CarbonWorx. I was wondering at what point would they toss it out and use my boat to pull him. This is all after many new PP chips and ECM reflashes. I sure hope my boat does not have this problem next year.

Toby - I think the cruise is standard on all boats across the board but, it should be a small upcharge for PP if you want it instead. 98% of all the boats sold will never see a course with magnets, so for the new boat owner it is a pretty good deal.

According to Jason from WSR who seems to be well informed about the 06 changes, the Std Speed Control will be Accuski ETC v0.9

Edited by Chaabo

The promo boats will be using Perfect Pass. The speed control feature that is standard for '06 is a great wakeboard unit, but is not 3-event certified. This system is NOT the system used by Mastercraft, for Malibu waited and worked with KM to get a system they were happy with after hearing the stories about the MC boats last year.

If you choose to upgrade the standard speed control to a PP unit, the cost is just the difference - ie, less than buying the option for 2005.

Peter