Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

JABSCO Oil Changing System

Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on the JABSCO Oil Changing System that has the reversible pump? This looks like a nice pump for sucking out oil and tranny fluid out of my boat while it is on the hoist.

It looks like it would be really nice for replacing the tranny fluid on my tow vehicle as well. It is a real pain since there is no drain plug and the only way to drain the fluid is to drop the pan and let the fluid spill out. Not a fun thing when you have about 7 quarts of hot tranny fluid coming out while you are laying on your back trying to unbolt the pan at the same time this hot fluid is spilling out Mad.gif .

for my information, how is the JABSCO superior to the Tempo Oil Boy that is on sale in Overton's for $44.99 before our 10% crew discount? I'm sure it doesn't involve any manual pumping, but the Tempo looks pretty easy for the price.

for my information, how is the JABSCO superior to the Tempo Oil Boy that is on sale in Overton's for $44.99 before our 10% crew discount? I'm sure it doesn't involve any manual pumping, but the Tempo looks pretty easy for the price.

The $139.99 Jabsco is electric and hooks to your battery. It holds up to 3.5 gals and has a reverse capability to pump oil back out of 3.5 unit to your 1 gal containers to take to your local recycling center.

May be a little overkill but I figure I can use it on my cars and trucks, trans, 4x4 units, power steering flush, etc. as well as my boat. I am not sure I trust/like the manual pump vacuums and I think Jabsco has a good name and rep.

Overton's does have another Jabsco unit on sale for $70.49 but it has a smaller pump motor, is not reversible, and takes about 10 minutes to pump 5 quarts.

My TEMPO works like a champ.  Forget reversable, mine has a nice pour spout.  It works!

I have never seen the Tempo but if it works for you that's great. I just figure with all of the money I am saving on the changes on the boat and other vehicles I can pamper myself a little with the Jabsco. It also has the pour spout but I like the reverse pump capability... that way I don't have to worry about spills in transferring to smaller container, cleaning funnels, etc... No big deal but with all of the money I am saving, what the heck/ :)