Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
BARTMAN

binding lube?

BARTMAN

What is everyone using for boot lube. Is the lubes at the shop worth it pros and cons please

rajkd1

Whenever I run out, i buy weather is the cheapest liquid dish soap at the store it works great for me

Sixball

Go to the dollar store and get cheep shampoo. at the end of the day you can freshen up with a quick poooooooooo. Oh ya your feet smell good too! Tease.gif

bu2007vlx

Go green!!!! Get the boot lube b/c it doesn't effect the water by killing the good bacteria in the lakes and waterways. :werule: All that antibacteria soap is bad for the water in my opinion.

woody

Do a search, some guys are makng their own pretty cheap.

nubu4me

I use Gladiator Foot SLick from Overton's. It washes off almost immediately when it hit's the water, and it won't deteriorate the bindings. A few people told me that dish soap will break down the rubber. Don't know if it's true, but bindings are expensive, so I don't chance it. :)

footnlongline

Most lubes are 75% glycerin. You can get a 55g drum almost as cheap as a case of binding lube.

bound4er

I use a 100% natural coconut oil soap - works awesome! Cheap too.

HOskier313
I use Gladiator Foot SLick from Overton's. It washes off almost immediately when it hit's the water, and it won't deteriorate the bindings. A few people told me that dish soap will break down the rubber. Don't know if it's true, but bindings are expensive, so I don't chance it. :)

Went to ski school where another student questioned the owner about the soap they provided (dish soap) and how it deteriorates bindings. She looked at him and said "I've been skiing for 30 years and have never had the problem" I ski everyday and use dish soap everyday, and this is my 3rd year in these bindings.

I've never paid more than $0.99 for my soap.

Brad B
Go green!!!! Get the boot lube b/c it doesn't effect the water by killing the good bacteria in the lakes and waterways. :werule: All that antibacteria soap is bad for the water in my opinion.

The dilution factor is so huge you can't put enough soap on to make a difference - unless your lake is only 10 gallons.

68Slalom

:) Same here, Newt Juice!!

Use Newt Juice to help preserve our skiing environment by getting soaps, glycerin and baby oil out of ski boats.

And I don't pee in the water either Whistling.gif

Edited by 68Slalom

mtaylor

I use newt juice, because it's better for the water, and it dissolves quicker so you don't slip out.

UWSkier

Astroglide

onamission

With the Radar RS-1 binding no lube needed. Thumbup.gif

Brodie
Astroglide

Thumbup.gifClap.gifThumbup.gif

It's much better than KY, although kind of sticky afterwards!!

Pistol Pete

I use the blue, and she uses the purple.

Yours and Mine lube.

Green_Giant

Biodegradable laundry detergent, cut 50/50 w/water.

CedarLakeSkier

Anyone use "Moose Juice".

Wiley's sells it. I was thinking of getting some. $15.00 for 32oz seems kind of steep though.

footnlongline

Wiley's sells it. I was thinking of getting some. $15.00 for 32oz seems kind of steep though.

I've used it and it works great, but so does Edge shaving cream for a lot less $$$$

Green_Giant

fwiw, I didn't really like moose juice, didn't seem that slick, but it's been a couple years.

DizzyG

I'm not a fan of the real lubes, I tend to use way more because they just aren't slick enough. Cheap shampoo works well and you can wash up as you get in for your set. The only problem I've had is it drying tihngs out if you don't rinse it out/off well enough. When done with your run swish the board/boot around a bit and make sure it's off of your foot or you'll end up with dry feet.

68Slalom
With the Radar RS-1 binding no lube needed. Thumbup.gif

I have rear hinge boots but still have to use the lube for my waterski, don't need it for wakeboarding Thumbup.gif

srintx
Whenever I run out, i buy weather is the cheapest liquid dish soap at the store it works great for me

Same here, works like a charm! Thumbup.gif