Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Membership

MalibuNation

Rockon.gif DITTO on what everybody else is saying on the new shirts, WAAAAAY COOOL looking!!!!

Very nice job Tracie, you never cease to amaze!!! Keep up the awesome job!!

Yahoo.gif

Troy got his 2 days ago.......

I have to say, I think I've seen them somewhere before........ and there wasn't even one in the envelope for me.

I've got one for you, for creative input. I was in a rush to get everything out & missed it. You'll have to cut it up though if you want a tank, like the last one. :)

No need - I'm alright. Thanks though.

Edited by shannoook

Okay, it's way past time that I did this (I had to wait until tonight to get a pic though). I didn't originally post credit for the logo because I wasn't sure of how it would be received. I thought that it was good, but you never know and I didn't want to throw a fellow crew member & someone that I consider to be a friend under the bus like that when it was my gamble. I wanted to be sure that it would be well received, & it appears to be a home run. So anyway, here it is (this is the back):

post-1-1211509006_thumb.jpg

Credit for this design goes completely to shannoook. Last summer, she did what I thought to be an excellent design for the back of the NorCal WOW shirts, so I took that base design, altered it a bit & you have what you see here. Big props to her, she spent a lot of time on this & deserves all of the credit. The modifications that I made were child's play compared with what she created. So we all owe her thanks for this contribution.

I truly believe that shannoook should look into this as a career. She's good at it, but just as important she seems to enjoy it. I can't wait to see what she has planned for WOW this year.

EDIT: There are some of the old tshirts that I have left to get through, so not everyone will receive a shirt like this until we're through all of the older ones. If you are renewing at the Chief level though, you'll get one of these since you would have received the older design last year. Also, I have some other things in the works so watch for that. I think that most here will like it. :)

Notworthy.gif Shannon.

I LIKE IT!!!!!!! Yahoo.gif

I remember Shannon working on the WOW shirt and the many hours she spent throwing around the idea of what to make. Then she came up with the idea from survivor and made many of changes to come up with the WOW 07 shirt some of us have. I too think she has a great talent at creating many of different things.

I know she is working hard on the 08 shirt……………………………….. It will be great and many of you are going to want to check it out.

Tracie I’m not sure what you have up your sleeve, but I can’t wait to see what’s on the horizon Clap.gif . I like the look of the new shirts Yahoo.gif and you should check your E mail at what other cool things you could do with it. Thumbup.gif

I've been urging Spaznoook to consider doing this type of graphics design stuff on the side.. She made me get her a new fancier version of photo shop so she could do cooler stuff - of course she starts showing me how she does this stuff and I try not to make the same face she makes when I talk about cars :unsure:

Atta girl Shannooook Love.gif - can't wait to see your '08 WoW design on a shirt!! Rockon.gif

Thanks so much, Tracie. I love the shirts, they look so great with the crew font! Clap.gif I really had no idea that they would be that design. I thought I remembered you saying something about using part of it at WOW, but that was in the far recesses of my memory - and after a very narly week of finals and an equally narly semester (Troy can attest), my memory retention is about nill. I'm very, very much looking forward to a weekend with the crew today to forget ALLLLL about it. Thumbup.gif

Your printer did a tremendous job on the fading too! When we had them done last year, the design ended up on the thick side because of all the colors. Still looked good, but they look just fantastic this go round!

Believe it or not, the hardest part of that entire thing was the boat. I had to use ispec to make a boat & then I had to detail it essentially pixel by pixel, making it a shawdow, taking out non-essential elements, straightening the outline, etc. It was nuts and took way too long.

I love my CS3 software, but I've seen some of the stuff the pros do and that's way out of my league. Maybe I'll actually take a class & learn some new tricks! lol.

Anyway, this years wow shirt will be cooler than ever, in my opinion of course. Whistling.gif

Thanks for using the design, Tracie! It looks awesome! Maybe I'll just have a tank top made at cafe press. I just never wear tee shirts, well except maybe to sleep... and even then I steal Troy's. I don't even own a tee shirt!! LMAO. So, if it's ok, I'd rather not take one away from someone who would actually wear it. Or if you can send me a small one, I'll let Collin have it - he'd like that. But Greg, if that other thing pans out, I want 2!!! ;)

No, thank you. Also, I've got some boat files in .psd formats that you can use if you want. You don't have to reinvent the wheel on that one.

The printer....yes, they did a great job. The level of detail that was in the fade was incredible, & one thing that we had to leave out was some of the spot shadowing that you had done. Like I said, we've got some other things in the works with them but I'm hesitant to say more because I don't have a time frame yet. But we're close, very close. :)

Tracie~

If you can send me copies of those pdf files, that'd be awesome. I just have the one file I made. And just let me know whenever you need something, anything at all. I just spent a fortune on this software, might as well use it! ;) LOL!

Sorry if I was short earlier, this semester was killer. Troy's pretty much gotten the raw end of the deal lately over here covering kid duty for me, etc. I'm pretty much only realizing now that I've been a very mean zombie for the last 3 weeks. :unsure: But graduation rocked & now I can focus on drinking over the weekend & my cbest exam in June! Yaay! Clap.gif

I'll email you what I have so far for this year.

It was great to see you at Oroville last weekend! You guys were out all day non-stop! You'll have to tell me how six flags was!!

• 2 weeks later...

I like it! I guess I got lucky with my time to renew. Speaking of renewing, I like the recurring membership thing. That way you don't have to worry about it lapsing.

Great work on the design Shannon/Tracie, it looks awesome! Thumbup.gif