Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me decide!!

2thdoc01

Does Malibu place the seat bases in after the fab of the hull and deck?

So they are not molded as part of the hull and deck?

Why would they choose to add it afterwards vs molding them in??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2thdoc01

• johnsvt

• Matt_Alger

• txwakejunkie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seats are bolted in after the top mold is done and wouldn't worry about how the seats are constructed. If Malibu was having any sort of trouble with how the boats were built over the years they would not be the number 1 selling manufacturer.

Does Malibu place the seat bases in after the fab of the hull and deck?

So they are not molded as part of the hull and deck?

Why would they choose to add it afterwards vs molding them in??

You are getting pretty technical for buying a boat that I thought you said for only a few years and then you would buy a new one. I went from a 1979 19' Sea Swirl open bow that I used for 20 years before buying a used 2000 sunsetter. I bought used because my kids where still small and would bang boards and skis on the side of the boat by accident. We ran that boat for 6 years and it is in great shape. I just sold it a couple weeks ago and bought another used boat. This time a super clean 05 Wakesetter that was very well maintained. I probably run that another handful for years.

Bottom line is, if you are looking for a used boat to run around in for a few years, then you can not go wrong with a used Malibu. They are built the best, will last, never give you issues, and keep their resale value.

CDA out

Edited by CDA

CDA,

I like to know what I am buying and why people claim certain things are better than others..If I dont ask the question, I wont get an answer. I think its all about being informed, just like I try to make sure my patients are informed so they may make the BEST decision for THEM at the time.

That being said, I plan to keep this boat for some time, therefore I want to make sure I pick something that we can grow into. It shouldnt be this hard, but it is.

Done Deal. Just gave the go on a 08 V ride. Loaded up.

Now whos got color combos???!!!

Edited by 2thdoc01
Here's a sweet VLX in my neck of the woods. I could get you the info on this boat pretty easily.

2006 VLX

Wow, You'd have to REALLY like green to buy that boat.

Done Deal. Just gave the go on a 08 V ride. Loaded up.

Now whos got color combos???!!!

Woooooooohooooooooooo.

Anyone looking for a Boat, and lives in Wi, check out Shipyard Marine in Oshkosh. Ask for Scott Kern. One heck of a guy, and one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Congrats you made a great choice.

Here's a sweet VLX in my neck of the woods. I could get you the info on this boat pretty easily.

2006 VLX

Wow, You'd have to REALLY like green to buy that boat.

I would buy it.. I really like that color.

Hey,

Just checking out the thread. I was at the dealer in Springfield this weekend (GREAT DEALER) and he has a used 2004 all black 23 LSV Wakesetter with a Hammerhead that is lower hours used for sale. Very pretty boat and I think he would make a deal. I believe it even has a new engine. Not to confuse, but my family has similar uses and I have a 23 and absolutely love it. However, mine is on a diamond hull and I am not sure of the hull on the 2004, I think it is a diamond also. Has all of the options and I think you will come in under budget. Very pretty boat.

Good luck.

Set on the v ride now...

Anyone have an all black boat?

How hard is it to keep it clean? Waterspots?

How about the Rueben red? I was thinking charcoal hull bottom with rueben red and then a charcoal deck accent stripe...anyone seen this color combo?

I wish I could post the ibuild pics...

Black boat are awesome, my last boat was black and I'll never own another. Lots and lots of work. I think the charcoal and rueben red looks good together. Here's mine. You can't see it but everything above the rubrail is red to.

post-2837-1210001373_thumb.jpg

Edited by 06vlx

Here is a picture of a boat with the same colors as ours - it is a real head turner. My buddy had a black boat a couple years ago and he swears he will never have one again - way to tough to keep looking good. Aparently once you have had black - sometimes you do go back Whistling.gif

post-4291-1210018651_thumb.jpg