Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spiders in the boat

txwakejunkie

Help crew! :unsure:

We keep our boat in a storage place here in town. Every time we go out we are having to fight spiders in the boat. Our storage unit is 12' x 30' with a 10' roll up door. The walls inside do not go all the way to the roof, there is about a 4 inch gap. We were going to set a bomb off but feel it will do no good not being sealed off. Anyone have this problem or have any idea what to do about it?

thanks,

I just spray the perimeter of my unit (12x30) with concrete floor twice a year and no problems noted. I just use regular outdoor spray and it works like a champ.

We keep our boat in a storage place here in town. Every time we go out we are having to fight spiders in the boat. Our storage unit is 12' x 30' with a 10' roll up door. The walls inside do not go all the way to the roof, there is about a 4 inch gap. We were going to set a bomb off but feel it will do no good not being sealed off. Anyone have this problem or have any idea what to do about it?

thanks,

Submerge the boat on your first day for a couple hours. That ought to take care of the spider problem. (Now just have to take care of one other thing)

I just spray the perimeter of my unit (12x30) with concrete floor twice a year and no problems noted. I just use regular outdoor spray and it works like a champ.

thanks,

Ok, so i have one HELLUVA spider problem! And honestly, I don't do well with spiders, weird phobia of mine (yea yea call me a little girl or whatever, i can't help it). I keep my boat in a "boat house." I live on the water, and we dug up into the foundation to make three boat slips. So basically from the back of my house, you see three garage doors that in the water. I have yet to find a way to keep the damn spiders out of there! I pressure wash the inside every year to get em all out, and their back within a month! obviously its "moist" in there all the time (i mean there's water in it! and its friggin Mississippi where the air temp in the summer is rarely under 100 and its always 100 % humidity). I'll snap some pics or something b/c i'm not too great at explaining it right now. But ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Demand CS

This is what we spray our covered dock with and we have NO spiders or webs. If you live on a lake in Texas you know how bad they can get. Our neighbors that don't spray are covered up with them. I spray about every 5 or 6 weeks. It's micro encapsulated, meaning that it will leave residue for anything that crawls through it and kill it. If you have spiders when you spray, it's like they all start dropping from the ceiling at once. They DO NOT like this stuff. Keep your storage free of them and your boat will be too.

BTW...cover yourself up when you spray and wash quickly afterward.

thanks,

We have a fair share of spiders including Black Widows in our storage unit near the water and in the country. I use a Ortho Home Defense concentrate and a gallon sprayer and spray the perimeter every couple of months. I also use a little more concentrate than they suggest. I would also spray up and sown the sides of the doors, possibly the roll up door and if you can spray a stream up to the crack in the ceiling. We have been pretty bug free with all of that. I did the same with my garages and yard in Havasu and was pretty successful.

Ok, so i have one HELLUVA spider problem! And honestly, I don't do well with spiders, weird phobia of mine (yea yea call me a little girl or whatever, i can't help it). I keep my boat in a "boat house." I live on the water, and we dug up into the foundation to make three boat slips. So basically from the back of my house, you see three garage doors that in the water. I have yet to find a way to keep the damn spiders out of there! I pressure wash the inside every year to get em all out, and their back within a month! obviously its "moist" in there all the time (i mean there's water in it! and its friggin Mississippi where the air temp in the summer is rarely under 100 and its always 100 % humidity). I'll snap some pics or something b/c i'm not too great at explaining it right now. But ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated!

o.k. we have a house on the river near the storage unit I mentioned above. When we bought the place there were spiders everywhere and I hate them! I decided everything must die.

I sprayed the perimeters and it helped but didn't solve the problem. Some neighbors laughed and said I was only making them mad.

I got a hold of some Cutter Bug Free Backyard Spray (at Target and Lowes). It comes in a bottle you hook to a garden hose. I didn't power spray them first. I washed the entire exterior of the house, the surrounding backyard and all fences with this stuff. It says its mostly for the yard area but worked great on the side of the house and on the side of my neighbors house. Within in seconds I saw spiders scrambling out of cracks and crevices and then dying instantly.

The bottle says only spray every ~90 days and not too often, blah blah blah. I sprayed the first couple of times with in 2 weeks, than about once a month. I didn't give them a chance to nest, killed the nests and probably killed what ever hatched. Now, I have no webs or nests anywhere.

We notice some spiders starting to move around our neighbors house, only a couple and there are no webs yet. This weekend I am going to power wash and than saturate everything with the Cutter Spray again.

I think the key was spraying everywhere. IF you kill everything in the yard, the perimeter of the yard, its less to show up later.

071121510648.jpg

Edited by stewart
Demand CS

This is what we spray our covered dock with and we have NO spiders or webs. If you live on a lake in Texas you know how bad they can get. Our neighbors that don't spray are covered up with them. I spray about every 5 or 6 weeks. It's micro encapsulated, meaning that it will leave residue for anything that crawls through it and kill it. If you have spiders when you spray, it's like they all start dropping from the ceiling at once. They DO NOT like this stuff. Keep your storage free of them and your boat will be too.

BTW...cover yourself up when you spray and wash quickly afterward.

This looks like it might be good choice as well.

www.spiderbegone.com

Pretty cool solution. Nozzles put out a fine mist of insecticide around the dock periodically,

typically at night when the little buggers are more active. The system is on a timer.

A friend of mine had this installed around his boat dock at the lake and he swears by it. Probably

not cheap, though.

Edited by srab