Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater question

I have a 2000 WakeSetter VLX that I bought about two years ago. The boat has a heater switch and one outlet by the drivers feet. I have two large tubes attached under the window on the passengers side and the other under the drivers side. The tubes attach directly to the dash board. However, on the top side is an 8" x 8" pad that is screwed to the dash. I'm a**...uming I can remove the pads and replace them with air vents to heat more than just my feet? Am I correct? Please advise.

If you are talking about what I think you are, those are the fresh air ducts. Air comes in the slot under the front bottom of the windshield and goes back to the air filter.

Edited by zzbutler

to see if you have more "tubes" for heat (and I'd assume you have at least one more, because I don't think they make a 1 outlet heater, BICBW), follow the tube that goes to your feet, back to the heater. from there, follow any other lines from the heater to whereever they might go.

as Z said, it sounds like you are talking about the air vents.

Uh - the air for the heater comes from right outside the heater fans. I believe you are looking at the air ducts for the engine ventilation.

To know for sure - just look at the heater, you can clearly see the ducts attached to it, and figure out where they go (it is a pretty simple system)

Some boats may be equiped with windshield defroster - mine isn't though..

Some do come with a defroster duct, but all of the ducts stay on the driver's side since there's no way to effectively get the ducting to the passenger side. Since you have 1 outlet to your feet, my guess is that you have one more than isn't being used (usually these boats come with either a 2 or 3 outlet heater). So assuming that, you could get a snorkel tube for the second outlet & use that for the passenger.

You should have a second telescoping duct that exits out the walkthrough to the bow. In its stored position it is flush with the starboard wall of the walthrough. To use it you pull it out and aim it where you need it (toward the wife of course). The duct extends ~ 3'.

I have three: one at the driver's feet, one stationary vent on the dash, and one snorkel tube in the walkway on the driver's side by the floor. You ought to have at least 2 of these.