Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

impeller one more time

I think that's all you need if you have the 3 piece housing. Be careful I burnt up my front housing when I tightened the bolts to tight. It was very hard to get things all lined up too.

I got a new 2 piece design after that. :)

i took off the trans cooler hose and found pieces of impeller in there i cleaned them out but where eles could them pieces have went...........I looked under the boat where the fake a lake should attach and it looks like up in that little vent there is pieces covering the vent. Would it be easier to take that little plate off and re silicone it or take the pipe leading to it unscrew it out with a monkey rench

Would it be easier to take that little plate off and re silicone it or take the pipe leading to it unscrew it out with a monkey rench

It's all one piece. The screws are there to hold the strainer (screen) the proper direction as it is pulled through the water. They also help to keep the whole contraption sealed. You'll have to remove the screws as well as the internal fittings in order to remove the thru-hull fitting.

Picture of Thru-Hull Fitting

Good luck.

EDIT: You know now that I think about it....there were a couple of brands that used two separate pieces (thru-hull fitting w/ a separate "screen" pc.). Remove the screws on the outside first and try to remove the screen separate from the thru-hull fitting. Don't pry too hard though because it's probably all one piece.

Edited by NorCaliBu