Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windshield foam/tape

Must be windshield day today - several questions out there.

Here's mine: the foam strip between the windshield and hull issqueezing out on my bu. What's the easiest way to address this? Do I need to basically loosen up the windshield all the way around and push it back in?

Tips, gotchas welcome. also, if I need to replace the strips, seems like I should just be able to match it up at home depot or ace. is this correct?

I know we've talked about the windshield foam for the walkthrough area, but I don't recall this one before and couldn't get any relevant search hits.

thx, Kevin

Kevin, I asked the same q back on the old MBO, and the general consensus was that it was too much of a PITA to fix, not worth the trouble. It was suggested to just carefully trim off with an exacto knife. If I ever take off the w/s to get it powdercoated, I'm going to replace mine then.

Kevin, I asked the same q back on the old MBO, and the general consensus was that it was too much of a PITA to fix, not worth the trouble. It was suggested to just carefully trim off with an exacto knife.  If I ever take off the w/s to get it powdercoated, I'm going to replace mine then.

thanks...it's pushed out quite a bit...was thinking that maybe i could push it back in ...maybe using similiar to the roller you use to push in the rubber piece that holds the screen material in place for screen doors/windows.

I took a thin piece of plastic and held it horizontally underneath the stuck out material while I trimmed the material off with a razor. I used one of those razors that has a retractable blade. Stick the blade way out so you have clearance and can make a good clean cut.

As far as the flip windshield foam. I've heard of people using a roll of the soft part of velcro that is self adheasive. I would prefer deck material like this. But, maybe not rubber. I found some transome proctector stuff at my local boating/ski shop that is pretty soft and waterproof.