Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Quick Question

YZThump

I just bought the kids a kneeboard, and I don't think I've ever pulled anyone on one of these before. What speed would I pull a 11 or 13 y.o. kid?

thx

If that. Pull'em till they plane out and not much faster. Make 'em practice undoing that kneeboard strap in a couple feet of water as well before towing them.

YZThump, btw if your new kneeboard did not come with an 'aquatic hook' you can buy one after market. IMO, this is a must for kneeboarding with kids. If your board did come with I hook, I bet you're enjoying your board.

This was the best $20 I've spent on boating. I've pulled 34 out of 35 first time kids up their FIRST TRY. (#35 did get up, but took a couple tries)

The device allows them to hook the handle on the front of the kneeboard and use their hands for balance and setting the strap. They don't have to hold the handle untill they get completely settled. See Aquatic Hook Website for more info.

My kids almost gave up on kneeboarding before 'the hook'. . . now it is almost too easy. No, this isn't meant to be a paid commercial, I just enjoyed the product and it made a world of difference, particularly for new riders.

That's a great idea. Thankfully, they had no probs securing the strap while holding on to the rope. I wish I could say the same for myself...

Whistling.gif

We took a friend of my 13 y.o. out with us this past weekend. The kid is a phenomenal athlete, competitive year-round swimmer, lacrosse stud, hoops, soccer, the kind of kid who seemingly could easily pick up any sport. Well, we couldn't get him up on the skis to save his life. These are HUGE, wide skis, too....like a sheet of plywood cut in half. He just went all limp every time he was close to getting up and fell every way possible....splits, over the front, sides and sat back. I couldn't believe it and was kind of pissed at myself because I couldn't make him learn.

That's a great idea. Thankfully, they had no probs securing the strap while holding on to the rope. I wish I could say the same for myself...

Whistling.gif

We took a friend of my 13 y.o. out with us this past weekend. The kid is a phenomenal athlete, competitive year-round swimmer, lacrosse stud, hoops, soccer, the kind of kid who seemingly could easily pick up any sport. Well, we couldn't get him up on the skis to save his life. These are HUGE, wide skis, too....like a sheet of plywood cut in half. He just went all limp every time he was close to getting up and fell every way possible....splits, over the front, sides and sat back. I couldn't believe it and was kind of pissed at myself because I couldn't make him learn.

Driver error.

Crazy.gif