Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stargazer Update

jjackkrash

I have not had a problem with getting good segment times but have had a few issues where after locked in PP ran the speed up a couple of mph over and then took forever to come back down. Also with my boat being non-DBW and servo controlled I find that the pull is extremely unforgiving and harsh. Apparently this is just a servo control issue since PP said that people are finding boats with DBW to have a softer pull. I have talked to PP about these issues and they have informed me that a software update will be out very soon. Bottom line is if you haven't already purchased it I would hold off at least a few more weeks so yours has the latest software. i am going to have to send my MM back in for an exchange when the update is available since the new MM no longer have a replaceable chip.

Edited by BrianM
I have not had a problem with getting good segment times but have had a few issues where after locked in PP ran the speed up a couple of mph over and then took forever to come back down. Also with my boat being non-DBW and servo controlled I find that the pull is extremely unforgiving and harsh. Apparently this is just a servo control issue since PP said that people are finding boats with DBW to have a softer pull. I have talked to PP about these issues and they have informed me that a software update will be out very soon. Bottom line is if you haven't already purchased it I would hold off at least a few more weeks so yours has the latest software. i am going to have to send my MM back in for an exchange when the update is available since the new MM no longer have a replaceable chip.

Brian, Who did you purchase upgrade from? I got mine from Skier to Skier and they have it set up that PP will to a swap through the mail so you won't be without a working system. Any problems if you run in the classic mode?