Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

water spewing

ok i have a problem on my malibu sunsetter i was on the water and i noticed water coming out around the engine cover so i opened the engine cover up and there was water spewing out of hte side of one of the exaust manifolds about the size of a shoe string so its not big but it could get bigger I dont relaly have the money to replace it right now do you think i could put some JB weld on it to hold it thru the summer. has anyone else ever experienced this.

i have tried JB weld on the exhaust manifolds and it worked - for about 20 seconds. i think you are SOL. time for new manifolds (if those are the originals, you got a lot of years out of them).

Depends on what is rusted through. The riser? ~$75-100 depending on which type. Manifold? ~$150. A complete exhuast system with two risers, two manifolds, all bolts & gaskets ~$500.

If one side rusted through....the other side isn't far behind. I wouldn't run a patch job on something that has the potential of pumping not just water but also exhaust fumes in the passenger area.

First I would pock around at the hole and see how big it would get. Then I would find a screw way bigger than the hole and screw it in place. If you head down to the auto store there is some thing like JB for the manifold. Put a small amount on the screw befor installing it.

But yes replace both side's when you have the cash.

Our Lake is pretty corrosive fresh water and 5 years is about the time to start looking a bit closer at the manifolds. Salt water can speed the electrolysis process up. I use Macs products (http://www.macsmarine.com/index.htm) to get maximium life out of the internals.

How about two 2005 Nautiques that arrived January this year - both have had horrendous problems with water leaking from the manifolds - both are 375hp PCM motors and the dealer is having to defer to the factory because normal fixes don't seem to work.

Glad I have my 2005 Bu. The Indmar Hammy with the new ETX manifolds is as tight as a drum and dry as a bone.