Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

300hr service

bhwakeboarder

I've got an 06 vRide with 298 hours, just wondering what you guys/the dealers suggest replacing at the 300 hour mark?

No special 300 hour service. Keep up with your oil changes every 50 hours and the annual tune up/inspection stuff.

Thats good.

What do most suggest as the "annual tune up"? I replaced my impeller and fuel filter at 150hrs, but other than that, I've just changed the oil every 50hrs.

I would say fuel filter, cap and rotor, plugs, impeller (annual or biannual but that is a debate), and a transmission fluid change which is usually done at winterization. Also inspect and adjust the belt, replace if needed.

I've got an 06 vRide with 298 hours, just wondering what you guys/the dealers suggest replacing at the 300 hour mark?

Check out this site and you can check the recommendations for maintenance in the manual. There's a nice table showing what needs to be inspected or changed and when.

You probably will not find anything about muffler bearings, however. You'll need to learn about that here. Welcome!

Edited by VinRLX
I would say fuel filter, cap and rotor, plugs, impeller (annual or biannual but that is a debate), and a transmission fluid change which is usually done at winterization. Also inspect and adjust the belt, replace if needed.

I don't have cap and rotor - these new motors are coil pack driven.

VinRLX - thanks for the Indmar link, the .pdf had the scheduled maintenance chart that I needed. Thats funny because I actually just replaced my muffler bearing and my blinker fluid in my tahoe last week. Thumbup.gif

if you have the Platnimum plugs, they are good for 300 hours, so you should think about replacing. But you dont have to every season.

A local auto mechanic suggested to me to replace those plugs every 200 hrs. His suggestion was based on he has seen plugs sieze up if you wait for 300 hrs, but that was based on autos.

My plugs went 350 hrs before I replaced and I had no problems.

Oh Crap!

We just had a complete overhaul on the Expi and there was no mention of Blinker Fluid on the dealer '2000 point inspection.' That's it! I'm never taking my car to them again.

Anyone know of a good place / source to buy my own fluid? Does 303 make their own version?

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my 300 hr service done at Tilley's in Ventura. $700 by the way.

I feel better knowing that it was done properly though and not worrying if I missed something.

I'd like to see the list of things done that they charged $700 for...

I'm at about 320 hrs, I can check to see what i missed...

I'll get the list and post it later, what did you get done?

Ok, here's the list copied from their sheet...

300 Hour or Annually Service Inboard I V-Drives

Put Cardboard Down

Change Oil - Motor

Change Oil Filter

Change Fuel Separator I Filter if Applicable

Change Carbo Filter (Quadra Jet Only)

Check Timing

Tune Up

Replace Spark Plugs & Wires

Replace Raw Water Pump Impeller

Clean Breather Hose

Grease Starter Bendix

Replace PCV Valve ,

Inspect Ignition System

Check Shift & Throttle Cable & Lubricate

Inspect All Drive Belts

Inspect All Hoses & Clamps & Tighten

Service Transmission & V-Drives

Check Engine Alignment

Check Packing Nut

Check & Grease Rudder (If Applicable)

Tighten Battery Cables

Install Flush Kit (Optional)

Check Prop Condition & Tightness

Check lug Nuts (Torque to 901bs)

Grease Wheel Bearings

Check Brake Fluid on Trailer

Check Air Pressure In Tires

Visual Inspection of Trailer & Boat

Run & Test

I agree about the peace of mind -

Personally I don't think it is worth the time & money to take it to the dealer. The length of time it takes to take it down, drop it off, pick it up etc, I can do all those things myself - and save the $ for Gas.

We all have different things we like to do with our time, so not flamin' your choice. Most on the list, I'm doing on a regular basis - just keepin' an eye on things under the "hood"

I agree about the peace of mind -

Personally I don't think it is worth the time & money to take it to the dealer. The length of time it takes to take it down, drop it off, pick it up etc, I can do all those things myself - and save the $ for Gas.

We all have different things we like to do with our time, so not flamin' your choice. Most on the list, I'm doing on a regular basis - just keepin' an eye on things under the "hood"

I like to do most myself but I don't have the time to spend doing a full service and worrying about "did I miss something" or "is that weird rattle something I did". I already had to take it to the dealer because of the windsheild issue which I have in another post. This is the first time since i've owned the boat that i've had it in for service so it does give me peace of mind to know things are fine from a pros standpoint. I will be doing future fluid & impeller changes myself.