Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Open Schedule

martho

I was out there today helping out with pulling some kids around the lake tubing and such and got to see some of the pros - very cool.

Andy Mapple was setting up - got his autograph. Jeff Rodgers was helping teach kids to ski on the boom. A few pros were running the course for a photo shoot.

You hear about this all the time, but it still amazes me at how approachable and nice these guys all are. After I thanked Andy for signing my hat for me he said thanks to me.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Mike

kinda wondered the same thing but didn't want to bust mlange too bad but...you finally make it to Jim Michaels home lake, chance to schmooze with all the pros, and you're pullin' tubers??? Biggrin.gif

It was a volunteer thing for underpriveleged kids organized by "In His Wakes" - a group that Kristi Overton started.

They got to come out, ski, tube and have fun.

Mike

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon-Sunday. You gonna be there the whole time? We should arrange a meeting time/place for the 'buCrew.

Edited by UWSkier
It was a volunteer thing for underpriveleged kids organized by "In His Wakes" - a group that Kristi Overton started.

They got to come out, ski, tube and have fun.

Mike

That's awesome! No bustin' chops allowed guys, that's a great thing that they're doing.

I'll be there tomorrow morning first thing through the slalom qiualifiers. Can't make it Saturday, but I'm then planning on being there all day Sunday.

Boy, do they have some nice boats out there. Got to drive an RLXi w/ the Hammerhead from the launch ramp over to the dock we were skiing from. That thing just doesn't like going slow. Spent the rest of the day in an XTi pulling the tubers.

They've got two RLXi's w/ Hammerheads for the jumpers and I think they've got three RLXi's w/ Monsoons for the trickers and slalom. Not to mention all the other boats the dealers have out there. Talk about heaven...

One thing I really wish I had done was taken a picture of Andy Mapple putting up Malibu signs all over the place. That would have been a great one to put up on the site somewhere. I'm bummed I didn't think of it at the time.

Mike

Edited by mlange

I have passes for all three days, but I don't think I can make the time to go any day other than Sunday. I hope I can make some changes to my schedule to get in more days.

Could somone going please post the scores at night if you have access to a computer? I'm sure it would be much appreciated by all.

I just noticed that Dr. Michaels was first off the dock in qualifying. 2 things, what's it going to take to advance, and 2, will he make it, 3, whats it going to take to win? Can someone with a friend there today find out what he ran, he has to have skied already.

I heard he ran 3 at 39 off, but there are MAJOR rumors flying around concerning his passes. Because they are still rumors, I will not elaborate. If you know anyone at the Malibu Open, please call to find out scores and the situation with Dr. Michaels.

My source is another discussion slalom forum.

Edited by HOskier313
I heard he ran 3 at 39 off, but there are MAJOR rumors flying around concerning his passes.  Because they are still rumors, I will not elaborate.  If you know anyone at the Malibu Open, please call to find out scores and the situation with Dr. Michaels.

My source is another discussion slalom forum.

Okay, what is up with that. That forum, assuming it's the same one, isn't always known for having the most reliable sources. I'd trust what I hear on this board a lot more. Anyone have some info?