Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What to do with trash. . .

TOAST

Saw a few people asking about how to handle trash. . . Some kind of trash can was #1 on the CFO's list for new boat. We had a built in trash can in our old I/O.

Here is the trash option we ended up with. Just got one of those little Rubbermaid cans with the swinging top and plastic liners. We keep it behind the observer's seat -- easy to get to, but still out of the way. It holds a LOT of trash. (26qt)

It takes a little bit of storage space, but keeps the CFO happy and the boat squared away. :)

'the can'

post-305-1119513834_thumb.jpg

in place behind observer's seat

post-305-1119513877_thumb.jpg

I use all of that space behind the observer's seat for stuff, so my rule is: pack it in, pack it out. Whomever brings stuff onto my boat can and WILL put the resultant trash back into whatever container they used to bring it on board.

We use the floor locker. I put a plastic tub in there that is about 16x24x10. It works great. You don't have to ask folks to get up to throw away trash and if something does spill over, out of the plastic tub, it just falls into the bilge and I can hose it out.

I use the entire floor as my trash can. How else will I get the chocolate smears and ground in potato chips in the carpet??? Crazy.gif

I keep a separate plastic bag in my cooler and empty it out every day. With all the storage in the new VLX, I like the mini trash can idea.

Greg

Edited by Greg_S
I use all of that space behind the observer's seat for stuff, so my rule is:  pack it in, pack it out.  Whomever brings stuff onto my boat can and WILL put the resultant trash back into whatever container they used to bring it on board.

Same here...

When I see the Wally's trying to launch their Bayliner I go over and offer them assistance with launching. Without them seeing a thing (because they don't know what they are doing), I transfer all my trash into their boat. It blends right in with all the other trash that has collected in their boat for the last 5 years. They offer their thanks for the launch assistance and I just ROFL.gif

Just kidding, I just keep a trash bag around and empty the boat at the end of the day. This was boring so I had to embellish a little above. Crazy.gif

I always forget a trash bag, so usually the cooler becomes my trash bag because I always carry a small prortable cooler. Now if I am staying all day on the water, trash bag or empty beer box works well

The cooler works well for empty cans and plastic bottles. It is convenient and easy to clean.

Edited by wakeace

I found a 5 gallon container that fits perfectly under the seat behind the driver. Just take it out and empty when we pull into the slip.

Screw the garbage.... I poke holes in my beer cans and they sink straight to the bottom of the lake, and bottles do the same. what other garbage is there?

J/K

When I see the Wally's trying to launch their Bayliner I go over and offer them assistance with launching.  Without them seeing a thing (because they don't know what they are doing), I transfer all my trash into their boat.  It blends right in with all the other trash that has collected in their boat for the last 5 years.  They offer their thanks for the launch assistance and I just  ROFL.gif

Just kidding, I just keep a trash bag around and empty the boat at the end of the day.  This was boring so I had to embellish a little above.  Crazy.gif

Nice. You send them to look for "prop wash" while you steal their beer.

Screw the garbage.... I poke holes in my beer cans and they sink straight to the bottom of the lake, and bottles do the same. what other garbage is there?  

J/K

I hope you have your flame retardant suit on, cause your about to get flamed. Surprised.gif

Edited by stusumm

That's a cool idea TOAST.

Unfortunately I filled that space with a sub, four amp's,two fan's a capacitor an inverter and three batteries.

So now I'm stuck with a plastic bag behind the driver's seat and the empties go back in the cooler.

I measured how much vertical space I had in my trunks and bought a kitchen sized trash can at one of those 'storables' type of places that has an abundance of different sized plastic containers. It's also where I found the perfect plastic box to store my spare prop neatly wrapped in two towels.