Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Boats A step above & Beyond, read and you decide

tgaugh

do you think that is a true story. it sounds pretty fantastic considering that because dealer installed the wrong mounts, this guy gets practically a new boat? This would be all custom work as their cnc machines would all be set up for the new models. Dontknow.gif

No doubt it's a pretty sensational story. If it is true, I would have to think that Malibu did it for a few reasons, one of which is that it is just great PR.

But I don't see anything in his list that is done with CNC machines. It's all accessories that are installed in the hull by hand, plus a few manual tasks. My guess is there isn't more than about $2000 - $3000 invested to make the boat virtually brand new, and the owner so happy that he will tell the whole world.

New blower, installed perfect pass,replaced muffler system & exhaust tips, adjusted steering, new battery, new upgraded prop, shaft & strut, shrink wrapped, completely buffed, decals replaced, the entire back lockers replaced, new upholstery, new floor, new ski locker in floor, new stereo and all new shocks and locks.

Not a bad PR campaign if you ask me.

No doubt it's a pretty sensational story. If it is true, I would have to think that Malibu did it for a few reasons, one of which is that it is just great PR.

But I don't see anything in his list that is done with CNC machines. It's all accessories that are installed in the hull by hand, plus a few manual tasks. My guess is there isn't more than about $2000 - $3000 invested to make the boat virtually brand new, and the owner so happy that he will tell the whole world.

New blower, installed perfect pass,replaced muffler system & exhaust tips, adjusted steering, new battery, new upgraded prop, shaft & strut, shrink wrapped, completely buffed, decals replaced, the entire back lockers replaced, new upholstery, new floor, new ski locker in floor, new stereo and all new shocks and locks.

Not a bad PR campaign if you ask me.

In the 12 years of malibu ownership I never had mine in for any repairs. I wonder if I would get that kind of service on a 95 should something go wrong

I will say that I have been having to deal with Kerri and I believe this story is true.......She has always been way above and beyond with customer service. I will not get into details with my issues but Kerri has made me and my better half lifetime customers

Above and beyond in customer service, advice, craftsmenship, etc...but new exhaust tips, perfect pass, prop, stereo, battery??????? Sorry I'm not buying that for more than a few wooden nickels. A seat, shock, maybe even if you have some spare carpet laying around you go above and beyond but turning it in to a new boat just sounds too good...unless "conspiracy theory" the guys in the factory thought maybe this would make for a good story...good press... good threads? Sorry...don't mean to be so cynical...

Above and beyond in customer service, advice, craftsmenship, etc...but new exhaust tips, perfect pass, prop, stereo, battery??????? Sorry I'm not buying that for more than a few wooden nickels. A seat, shock, maybe even if you have some spare carpet laying around you go above and beyond but turning it in to a new boat just sounds too good...unless "conspiracy theory" the guys in the factory thought maybe this would make for a good story...good press... good threads? Sorry...don't mean to be so cynical...

not to mention the "broke 6 (thats right 6) drive shafts. how did they break again? because of wrong sized motor mounts installed at a malibu dealership? You would think they would check to make sure it was aligned properly (especially if 1 broke), so that would mean there was no wobble and vibration in the boat?? 6 shafts broke can ya believe that? Why did the motor mounts need replacing in the first place, anyone ever hear of that being required?

I call bs.

not to mention the "broke 6 (thats right 6) drive shafts. how did they break again? because of wrong sized motor mounts installed at a malibu dealership? You would think they would check to make sure it was aligned properly (especially if 1 broke), so that would mean there was no wobble and vibration in the boat?? 6 shafts broke can ya believe that? Why did the motor mounts need replacing in the first place, anyone ever hear of that being required?

I call bs.

I had the drive shaft break 2 times in my '01 SS VLX. It ultimately turned out to be from faulty engine mounts. The dealer stepped up and took care of the problem every time however.

I call bs.

I had the drive shaft break 2 times in my '01 SS VLX. It ultimately turned out to be from faulty engine mounts. The dealer stepped up and took care of the problem every time however.

oh, well in that case malibu deserves the accolades and a couple of atta boys, for sure.

Man, tough crowd. Hard to believe Malibu is having a hard time winning in a case like this.

Plus1.gif

Kerri went above and upon when we needed some assistance a few years ago. Clearly very interested in making sure we were happy with the outcome.

I call bs.

If you had ever tried to align the motor in a V-drive you would understand how difficult that can be....but shearing off a driveshaft, let alone 6 is nuts!

Props to the tech who replaced the motor mounts with the wrong ones and then didn't think to align the motor...nice job! Whistling.gif

What a story!

I’d call it “Extreme Make Over Malibu Edition”

Having that done after such an ordeal would nearly bring a tear to the eye, can you imagine the surprise during the first look under the shrink wrap !?!?

One more BIG reason for loyalty to a great company with an awesome product.

How many companies these days would even consider doing something close to that.

:werule:

Sound like a true story to me.

In 1999 we bought a Response LX that was custom made for the boat show, it was up on a 15' revolving turntable. We had nothing but trouble with it all summer. Not sure if it was Malibu, my dealer or both, but it was exchanged for a 2000 model that fall. The only cost was for any new options that where to be put on and Malibu anodized the pylon and made a wider rear seat base for us at no cost. Malibu and my dealer has always done me right. Thumbup.gif

i was doubtful as i tried to get the rear entertainment console replaced with the fold down cup holder thing and was told that it was not possible. I just thought that if a guy buying a brand new boat could not get something customized, how did this guy get it. Malibu is sending enough vinyl, with the boat, that I can get the work done locally, so i guess that is a positive. They are also sending enough carpet to cover an amp mounting board.

I even heard once that a customer got a brand new boat because 3 three Hammerhead 380 engines blew up. Thumbup.gif

Hearsay! That's just crazy talk, I tell ya.

Man, tough crowd. Hard to believe Malibu is having a hard time winning in a case like this.

Know doubt, for any of the doubters out there the story is true period. No need to question about the validity of the story. Malibu has gone above and beyond on many occasions for their customers.

I even heard once that a customer got a brand new boat because 3 three Hammerhead 380 engines blew up. Thumbup.gif

Dah, must have been his break-in methods. . . Whistling.gif

What ended up being the cause of those failed motors?? ECM, Luck-or lack of it, ???

---or was it the dummy's brake-in procedure? (fill cooler, drop hammer...) Whistling.gif

Curious minds want to know.....

Patrick

Edited by Faceplant409