Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which bags to Buy ?

Dave K

I currently have 2 launch pad bags (440's), which, from what I am told are not big enough for my new used boat (99 Sunsetter vdrive). It seems 750 is the way to go.

Could you recommend a brand to me....... Pro x series or Fake-a-wake or Launch pad ??

I also want to put a bag in the floor locker. Is the Fly high pro-x tube sac the way to go? I have almost everything for an auto ballast system, so once the sacs are in the boat there there for the season.

I read a post about an pressure switch on the bottom side of the locker door. Anyone use this?

I appreciate all the help.

I picked up our boat last fall, and I need to do a ton of work... install tower, auto ballast, & stereo, so I will be calling for your help on occasion.

Fly high is the way to go. Not sure if your going to need the full 750 bags. I had them installed after ripping out the hard tanks and it was just to much so I changed over to the 440's. Don't get me wrong, the 750's were great for surfing but its hard to make sure both sides are even when you don't need a full load.

I currently have 2 launch pad bags (440's), which, from what I am told are not big enough for my new used boat (99 Sunsetter vdrive). It seems 750 is the way to go.

Could you recommend a brand to me....... Pro x series or Fake-a-wake or Launch pad ??

I also want to put a bag in the floor locker. Is the Fly high pro-x tube sac the way to go? I have almost everything for an auto ballast system, so once the sacs are in the boat there there for the season.

I read a post about an pressure switch on the bottom side of the locker door. Anyone use this?

I appreciate all the help.

I picked up our boat last fall, and I need to do a ton of work... install tower, auto ballast, & stereo, so I will be calling for your help on occasion.

If you do want to go with the Pro-X sacs, I might be interested in your 440s.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in selling.

I have a 00 vlx so we are pretty much in the same boat. Your riding level will define how much ballast the boat needs ultimately. The 440 pro x v-drive sacks fit really good with just enough room above them to put 1-3 vests and close the trunks. The 750's fill up the entire space I have been told. I would personally LOVE to rock the 750's but I dont like the idea of that much pressure against the boat hull pushing out. With the 440's you will need the locker sack and approximately another 100lbs in the bow for equal weighting.

depends on what you are going to do. for wake-boarding the 440 v-drive sacs might suffice. for surfing, you need the 750. before i got my 750's we used to put both 440's in the one locker (one on top of the other). it was a hassle.

Ok I have tryed to stay away from this one but can't. I have been holding back long enough. The bag you are looking for is!!!!! You only need one It's quite small but holds thousands of pounds of

of of. It is called the Hillary Rodham Clinton.....OLD BAG... Bash.gifHelp.gifTomato.gif

Ok I have tryed to stay away from this one but can't. I have been holding back long enough. The bag you are looking for is!!!!! You only need one It's quite small but holds thousands of pounds of

of of. It is called the Hillary Rodham Clinton.....OLD BAG... Bash.gifHelp.gifTomato.gif

can't afford it....no one can.

Edited by Cervelo

The Fly Highs are fantastic and the quick connects are even better. I try to design my system with the least amount of turns that will ultimately slow down my water flow. I used the straight ones everywhere I could and places I needed a T connector I tried to use a 45 degree or a Y whenever possible! I do have a couple of 90s and it all works just fine, just know that each time you bend sharp, you slow your flow.

I guess you are on the wake hull. My 01 diamond hull sunsetter vdrive will barely hold the 400 pound bag in the locker. No way a 750 would fit. I sent you a PM about the locker bag.

I guess you are on the wake hull. My 01 diamond hull sunsetter vdrive will barely hold the 400 pound bag in the locker. No way a 750 would fit. I sent you a PM about the locker bag.

i have to disagree, i ran a fly high 750 in the locker on my '01 diamond hull ss v drive. Before that I ran 2 - 400 pound fly high v-drive sacs in one locker (one on top of the other). No problems at all.

i have to disagree, i ran a fly high 750 in the locker on my '01 diamond hull ss v drive. Before that I ran 2 - 400 pound fly high v-drive sacs in one locker (one on top of the other). No problems at all.

With battery relocation? I currently have a battery on both sides at the rear of each locker. Although the battery probably weighs more than what it is worth to relocate them for a bigger sac. I'm sure a 750 will fit, but I'm skeptical that it was very close to "full". With the close out panel they have installed on the driver's side to cover the fuel tank hose, and with the battery there, my 400 pound bag is too long, and the 750 is even longer, and taller. Don't see how it can be filled.

With battery relocation? I currently have a battery on both sides at the rear of each locker. Although the battery probably weighs more than what it is worth to relocate them for a bigger sac. I'm sure a 750 will fit, but I'm skeptical that it was very close to "full". With the close out panel they have installed on the driver's side to cover the fuel tank hose, and with the battery there, my 400 pound bag is too long, and the 750 is even longer, and taller. Don't see how it can be filled.

no batteries and I removed the panel hiding the fuel tank hose. The 750's fill completely and fit nicely. try it. :)

Cervelo, I have been playing with going with bigger bags back there. How did you run your drain hoses so they dont spit out the side until full? Right now my driver side 440 will spit out the side while we are riding just due to gravity and physics. Are you running the line back up the gunnel then to the drain spout?