Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

More coloring

hattric73

Been reading for a while but, first post...

We just put our name on the list for a new VTX Yahoo.gif and are looking at colors:

I have been playing with Malibu's ispec but, would like to see the colors in actual pictures.

The colors that we are looking at:

black/midnite blue

black/midnite blue/silver

midnite blue/silver

black/white

black/tan/white

tan/sangria (maroon)

does anyone have pictures of an all black boat?

Lots of options, any/all help will be appreciated!

I am a HUGE fan of Moonbeam and Black. CLASSY!

We just put our name on the list for a new VTX Yahoo.gif and are looking at colors:

I have been playing with Malibu's ispec but, would like to see the colors in actual pictures.

black/midnite blue

midnite blue/silver

black/white

black/tan/white

tan/sangria (maroon)

smoothwaterman has an all black boat for sale, I am to lazy to post link. I was thinking black and silver metalflake if I were to order a new boat.

black/midnite blue

midnite blue/silver

black/white

black/tan/white

tan/sangria (maroon)

Congrats. Very exciting stuff, picking colors. We went round and round and settled on almost exactly what was on the showroom floor because it looked so good.

Onlyinboards has a partial list of Malibu dealers. You can start surfing their sites and see pics of various color combos. http://www.onlyinboards.com/Ski-boat-deale...at-dealers.html

Bakes has about 36 new boats with photos of all of them.

black/midnite blue

midnite blue/silver

black/white

black/tan/white

tan/sangria (maroon)

Try looking at "wakesiderides" lots of pictures with different color combo's. Congrats on the new order and welcome to the site!!! Clap.gif

We are working on the coloring.

We are going to have black/light graphite and either moonbeam or white.

Does anyone have any pictures of the light graphite next to moonbeam. We are trying to figure out if they will look ok.

Here is a link to the boat we are comparing to...The boat will either be the same color scheme as this one or the white will be substituted with moonbeam(the top of the deck and bottom of the hull)

Any input??

Black/lite graphite VTX

Black looks great out of the water.

But if you/others are swimming around the boat, a light colored bottom of the boat is a lot safer.

In the water, the dark bottom boat blends in with the water (except in Aruba).

Also, can you say WATER SPOTS??

Consider it......

Does anyone have any pictures of the light graphite next to moonbeam. We are trying to figure out if they will look ok.

Here is a link to the boat we are comparing to...The boat will either be the same color scheme as this one or the white will be substituted with moonbeam(the top of the deck and bottom of the hull)

Any input??

Black/lite graphite VTX

I wouldn't put LG next to MB. YMMV

As far as water spots, I think we were going to do Midnite Blue or Black, both of which are going to have major waterspots, so that is a toss up!!

And as far as swimming safety, we don't do a lot of swimming in deeper water but, do spend a lot of time at the sandbar. There aren't a lot of underwater divers or swimmers in our group, lots of football, talking, drinking, lounging while drinking...I am not too worried about someone swimming up to my boat from underneath, but that is a very good point!

Black looks great out of the water.

But if you/others are swimming around the boat, a light colored bottom of the boat is a lot safer.

In the water, the dark bottom boat blends in with the water (except in Aruba).

Also, can you say WATER SPOTS??

Consider it......

Any input??

Black/lite graphite VTX

I've had light colored boats as well as dark, & while the water spots show up easier on dark to the eyes of others, I can always see them. Dark, light, it doesn't matter to me. I gave up on myself a long time ago & realized that I need help. Crazy.gif

Lot's of 3M Marine wax & Babe's Boat Bright helps. :)

I've had light colored boats as well as dark, & while the water spots show up easier on dark to the eyes of others, I can always see them. Dark, light, it doesn't matter to me. I gave up on myself a long time ago & realized that I need help. Crazy.gif

Lot's of 3M Marine wax & Babe's Boat Bright helps. :)

WakeGirl is right. I've had both light and dark hulls as well. I currently have a black hull and haven't had any problems with water spots as long as I keep on it with Babe's after every outing.