Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

batterys under the seat?

liljohn

Awesome, that is exactly what i would like to do, with my 99 sunsetter.

Q1. How do you determine if you need 2 batteries to run your stereo, or is that just a given?

Q2. What kind and model number are those batteries?

Well the more batteries you have the longer your stereo will run without the engine running.

Batteries come in all shapes and sizes Optima has several, Odyssey makes a big momma

I have used both in systems and it is gonna depend on how much you want to spend.

Edited by zilla
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SacRiverRat

• stewart

• woody

• liljohn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have been following this thread and I have a couple of comments. Moving the Batteries on an 06 23 LSV is not as simple as you might think. There are 2 large 2AWG cables that run from the back of the boat to a hole in the storage area. I thought ok, no problem I will just drill into the floor and pick up the cables nearer to the batteries which will be under the observer seat as others have done. I did not think that the wires would be inside of a pvc pipe under the floor, well they are and you have to cut into that pipe without harming the wires. I was able to do so using the same 2 1/8 in hole saw and very carefully cut into the pipe as to not damage the wires inside. When I had a decent 1/2 circle cut into the pipe, I got out my heat gun and heated the pipe and to my surprise it became extremely plyable, I used a screwdriver to bend the pipe open and expose the wires. Make sure you get the pvc hot enough and it will be very easy to bend. Carefull not burn your carpet though. Then I was able to stick a pair of needle nose in this hole and grab the wires and pull them up. I just thought I would share this with you as it was not as simple as I thought it would be. Also the floor in these malibus is a SOLID 1" Thick. Very well put together, I was impressed with the construction. I have cut into the floor on many other boats and it is about half the thickness. Anyway, I'll share more pics when I finish.

P3040121.jpg

P3040110.jpg

P3040114.jpg

I used an 1/8" drill bit to drill many holes in about a 1.5" circle in the pvc. That was easy to control the depth not to drill wires laying in the bottom of the tube. Just another way to get around the problem.DSC02132.jpg

Edited by dalt1
Where did the wires come up from before? They wouldn't reach around the corner? Looks like you did a quality job relocating stuff

P3040118.jpg

The wires came up out of the same hole that these waterlines are coming from. Far under the pass side storage compartment near to where the batteries used to be. No, they would not reach.

Edited by ohiojoe
I used an 1/8" drill bit to drill many holes in about a 1.5" circle in the pvc. That was easy to control the depth not to drill wires laying in the bottom of the tube. Just another way to get around the problem.

good idea!